The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Kreuz Market (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176046)

K-Train 11-25-2013 01:54 PM

Kreuz Market

I ordered some hot links and brisket from Kreuz Market in Lockhart TX and had them shipped to me in MD. Just got it delivered and ate a link yesterday before the Cowboys and giants for a little TX luck (it worked). Gotta say awesome, can't wait to try the brisket! Only wish I could be eating them on site and fresh.

Timmy Mac 11-25-2013 02:43 PM

Nice!! Didn't realized they did that,is it expensive??

landarc 11-25-2013 03:19 PM

Had a friend bring back a frozen, fully cooked brisket from the "best BBQ place in Louisiana" and it was actually pretty good. I was quite surprised at the texture and flavor.

K-Train 11-25-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy Mac (Post 2707640)
Nice!! Didn't realized they did that,is it expensive??

Shipping was a little $$, but I always wanted to taste some of their Q. Now I can say I have. If you go to their site they have their full menu on there that they ship.

MilitantSquatter 11-25-2013 06:29 PM

Did you go with the jalepeno and cheese or original sausage ?

Timmy Mac 11-25-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Train (Post 2707816)
Shipping was a little $$, but I always wanted to taste some of their Q. Now I can say I have. If you go to their site they have their full menu on there that they ship.

Thanks always wanted to try there food out. I'll have to check it out.

Cabin Fever 11-25-2013 08:28 PM

I ordered some of their sausage and brisket a few years ago and both were amazing. The sausage was extremely greasy, but grease never bothers me anyway.:wink:

K-Train 11-25-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter (Post 2707933)
Did you go with the jalepeno and cheese or original sausage ?

Both. Haven't tried the original yet.

bigsapper 11-25-2013 09:00 PM

Get the ham!!!!!

veryolddog 11-25-2013 09:00 PM

Lockhart, TX is only 35 miles from where I live. Kreuz makes outstanding beef ribs. After trying several of the places, I think that the brisket is really good at Smitty's Market. They offer with or without the fat. I kind of like the fatty cuts because they seem to have more taste.

Come on down and come with a group of people like four couples. What you do is everyone has to order one thing from which everyone gets to taste like sausage, pork ribs, brisket and beef ribs. Then you go to 4 or 5 different places and sample the tastes from each of the places.

This is a nice treat for everyone including the wives.

Ed

Q Junkie 11-25-2013 09:36 PM

My buddy who flies private jets, brings some Smitty's brisket home every now and then and I have to say it is pretty dang good.

I have never turned it down.

K-Train 11-26-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veryolddog (Post 2708126)
Lockhart, TX is only 35 miles from where I live. Kreuz makes outstanding beef ribs. After trying several of the places, I think that the brisket is really good at Smitty's Market. They offer with or without the fat. I kind of like the fatty cuts because they seem to have more taste.

Come on down and come with a group of people like four couples. What you do is everyone has to order one thing from which everyone gets to taste like sausage, pork ribs, brisket and beef ribs. Then you go to 4 or 5 different places and sample the tastes from each of the places.

This is a nice treat for everyone including the wives.

Ed

Would love to do this. Sadly for me the wife doesn't like Q. I should have found that out before popping the question

PatAttack 11-26-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Train (Post 2708532)
Would love to do this. Sadly for me the wife doesn't like Q. I should have found that out before popping the question

Obviously, not a Texas girl...:tsk:

Big Dan 11-26-2013 12:17 PM

Not knocking Kreuz or other Lockhart BBQ, because I really enjoy Kreuz brisket, but you will find better BBQ in Austin at Franklin, Micklethwaite's craft meats, LA BBQ, Kerlin BBQ, And of course John Mueller meat co. John makes the best beef ribs hands down. If any of you come to Texas, PM me and I will give you the tour.