The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brethren Road Trips (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Big Mista's B.A.P.O.M.! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152261)

gtr 01-24-2013 02:51 PM

Big Mista's B.A.P.O.M.!

I have the day off today so I went up to the Century City Farmer's Mkt. to score some lunch from Big Mista. I got the Big Azz Pile of Meat. When Mista says it's a Big Azz Pile of Meat, you better believe it's a Big Azz Pile of Meat! :shocked:

This'll keep me and the family busy for a little while, what with me doing the portion control and all. I did eat a little more than normal, but I rarely get out to see Big Mista so I figured living it up a little was the right thing to do today. :thumb:

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/...Photo1-132.jpg

Now you're only seeing the top layer. All this what you're seeing is laying on a bed of pulled pork and brisket. :clap2:

Gotta talk about the pastrami - :hail: hard to describe without using expletives. Farking amazing! Neil - you have a serious winner there.

I never give turkey breast much thought - I was really surprised at how good this was - tender, flavorful, juicy - all that! I should start cooking these - or maybe keep trying to get Thursdays off & go score from Mista. I'm guessing this is brined, yes?

Brisket - lots of folks have trouble getting one cooked correctly - how does he nail several on a consistent basis? :noidea: Untrimmed spares were also really great as was the pulled pork. The hot links rocked my world too - I have a weakness for hot links, and these are just farking killer.

I should have gotten sides, but I figured I had my work cut out for me as it was. I got some spicy sauce on the side - Big Mista's BBQ doesn't need sauce, but I did hit some bites with it - great stuff! It's good to mix it up a little between nekkid and sauced.

Great food Neil - I hope your business continues to flourish - you certainly deserve any and all success that comes your way. :clap2:

BTW I was gonna wait until the lunch rush, which was just starting as I split, got really busy so I could sneak off with the Ranch Kettle. :twisted:

Jaskew82 01-24-2013 02:52 PM

Nice work Mista! I am jealous gtr.

DownHomeQue 01-24-2013 02:59 PM

Nice!!

Offthehook 01-24-2013 03:02 PM

Why even cook your own food.

PatAttack 01-24-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Offthehook (Post 2340586)

So we can aspire to be as good as Bigmista, of course!!

Dang, that looks good!!

Skidder 01-24-2013 03:13 PM

Mind if I ask how much $$ and how many hungry ppl it would feed?

Offthehook 01-24-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatAttack (Post 2340599)
So we can aspire to be as good as Bigmista, of course!!

Dang, that looks good!!

His bbq is good, ive had it a bbq comp before. Gives me something to grade my own cooking.

landarc 01-24-2013 03:18 PM

Niel learned to BBQ here, we can all do it.

That is a wonderful looking pile of meat.

Skidder 01-24-2013 03:19 PM

Mexi "Q" Tioner 01-24-2013 03:38 PM

Looks bomb!

cpw 01-24-2013 03:46 PM

That is a good lookin' pile of meat!

Oldbob 01-24-2013 03:53 PM

That is a Great Looking Pile of Meat !!

mbshop 01-24-2013 03:53 PM

i'm asking for donations so i can afford the gas to go down there and eat some of that great food. looks rediculously awesome !

Bbq Bubba 01-24-2013 04:01 PM

Outstanding!

gtr 01-24-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skidder (Post 2340612)

That was $20, and I'm thinking he threw some extra on there. I could see that being easily enough meat for 4 or 5 people, or 2 or 3 hawgs. I had a lunch, I know my whole family will get plenty tonight (me, the wife, and 10 & 12 year old boys), and I'm guessing there'll still be some left over. Now if I wasn't watching my portions it'd be a whole 'nother story. If I was in my 20's and herbally enhanced and/or sauced I probably could have almost dusted the whole thing. :shocked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Offthehook (Post 2340586)

I'll admit the thought passed through my head as I was eating lunch. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 2340608)
Niel learned to BBQ here, we can all do it.

That is a wonderful looking pile of meat.

I've stumbled across a couple of old threads where Big Mista is saying "I gotta try cooking one of those briskets sometime"!