• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Reheating brisket question again.

B

BlueHowler

I did do a research here on reheating brisket but I'm still left with some questions.

Here is the story, I have to cook/smoke the brisket on Saturday 2/5 and serve Sunday 2/6 because I'm off work on Saturday and work Sunday morning until 2 PM.

The brisket is a nice 14 pound full packer. My question is do I slice before reheating or leave whole while reheating then slice?

I'll probably reheat in the oven using a pan of water under the brisket @ 200º.

Any advice on a better way to get the brisket ready to serve Sunday?

Just did this last week,Mister Bob gave the best advice. Leave brisket whole place in roaster cover tightly with aluminum foil with a half cup beef broth. Reheat to 165 degrees let it rest then slice. Worked great for me, you may need more broth as mine was only 7 lbs.

Leave it whole and re-heat slowly with a little moisture. If you slice it before re-heating you risk dryness and the slices also won't be as attractive looking.

I double wrap in heavy duty aluminum foil with a cup of broth in a 275 degree oven until the meat reaches 135 internal. Then pull it out of the oven and let it rest covered with a towel for 20 minutes.

Thanks guys! I have the glorious hunk 'o meat on the UDS right now and it looks great.

I wish I could eat it today.

Back