The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Valentines Day Meals (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100683)

bbqbull 02-13-2011 05:18 PM

Valentines Day Meals

I am scratching my head here for special meals for my bride tomorrow.
Anybody pass along of your wife's or girlfriends favorite meal?
Thanks in advance.

bigabyte 02-13-2011 05:56 PM

Steak and a loaded baked potato. Seriously. God I love that woman. Well...we can agree on that dish at least!:becky:

BobBrisket 02-13-2011 06:02 PM

Here's what we had Bull. My wife had zero complaints!:becky:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...77#post1547977

Willie's Smokehouse 02-13-2011 06:23 PM

My wife likes a nice steak with onions and mushrooms

LMAJ 02-13-2011 07:10 PM

It will be crab cakes for Al and Steak and potatos for me Mike. The most important thing is you are together.

Diva Q 02-13-2011 07:47 PM

I like a great steak, with some beautiful seared mushrooms, a nice bottle of wine and a clean house. *Seriously there is nothing and I mean nothing sexier than coming home to a spotless house that my husband has cleaned.
Forget the flowers and chocolate. Clean the house. Trust me on this......

bbqbull 02-13-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva Q (Post 1548116)
I like a great steak, with some beautiful seared mushrooms, a nice bottle of wine and a clean house. *Seriously there is nothing and I mean nothing sexier than coming home to a spotless house that my husband has cleaned.
Forget the flowers and chocolate. Clean the house. Trust me on this......

Other than shoveling snow every day for the last week, been cleaning the house here also Diva.
Thanks for your gut felt advice, It's close to mission accomplished!!!:thumb:

txschutte 02-13-2011 08:26 PM

After church today, I had programmed all of her favorite TV shows on the DVR. That kept her busy while the chilluns cleaned the yard and helped cook dinner.

She puts up with my arse for 15 years, now. That's my gift.

42BBQ 02-13-2011 08:31 PM

My lovely wife likes nothing more than a perfectly executed pulled pork sandwich. For her that means pork shoulder from Costco, smoked for about 14 hours with a bark that has a little bite. Pork sauced and served on a big Kaiser roll with home made (creamy) cole slaw, chips and a pickle. Probably accompanied by a Mountain Dew...seriously sometimes Dew is better than beer (gasp!)

Baby Back Maniac 02-13-2011 08:41 PM

Steak, scallops, tators, and a vegetable.

Big George's BBQ 02-13-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbqbull (Post 1547912)
I am scratching my head here for special meals for my bride tomorrow.
Anybody pass along of your wife's or girlfriends favorite meal?
Thanks in advance.

Whatever you make her. She will love it- do the dishes too
We have agreed to do nothing and are having pork and sour kraut

BRBBQ 02-13-2011 08:57 PM

My wife likes what ever I cook as long as she aint cooking, and what ever we eat out:becky:

BobBrisket 02-13-2011 09:18 PM

Little off note, Albertson's was selling two ribeyes and two lobster tails as a dinner pack for 20 bucks which I thought was a good deal. THey also had ribeye hearts! Turns out if you carefully butterfly a think ribeye, it makes a heart shape. They looked really cool.

Capozzoli 02-13-2011 09:20 PM

tongue.

Maybe a little too suggestive but delicious none the less.

LongTong 02-13-2011 10:19 PM

Yum!

Eat this:

Grilled split local Spiny Lobster tails next to fresh made Fetuccini Alfredo with a side of Asparagus and buttered hot French roll washed down with a nice Pinot Nior from the central coast...

I do all the cookin', the woman does all the cleaning. It's a nice arrrangement we have.:laugh: