The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brethren Road Trips (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   "Best" BBQ in Dallas ?!?!?! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274375)

Michigan BBQ Fan 08-01-2019 09:20 PM

"Best" BBQ in Dallas ?!?!?!

If you had the chance to fly to Dallas and only eat BBQ for one meal at one place....where would that be?

sliding_billy 08-02-2019 01:36 AM

Hutchins (McKinney) for the AYCE. One meal doesn't mean one plate, and it helps that they do fantastic Q. :-)

TravelingJ 08-02-2019 02:10 AM

Bucees in Denton ( =

Robert 08-02-2019 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravelingJ (Post 4211876)
Bucees in Denton ( =

Had to make a quick trip to San Antonio and stopped at the Bucees in Melissa, TX north of Dallas and got a brisket sandwich. Was pleasantly surprised at the taste/tender/texture/moisture of the meat and quantity as well. Bonus was the diesel was $2.29 that day. Next day on the return trip stopped at the one between San Antonio and Austin and thought I'd try it again. Nowhere near the same quality or quantity. Diesel was $2.59. Bathroom were clean.

Last year, I had the best breakfast burrito ever from the Bucees between Galveston and Houston. Next time, again different store and nowhere close.

Still love the concept of Bucees. Sorry to hijack the thread.

Robert

Dustin Dorsey 08-02-2019 07:55 AM

Cattleack Barbecue hands down. The problem is they are only open for lunch on thursdays and fridays and the first saturday of every month. I tried to talk my wife into going this weekend but it's not going to pan out (We live about 2 hours away). On that first saturday of every month they cook whole hog.

There's a lot of other great places that have opened up recently especially in Ft. Worth that I haven't yet had a chance to check out.

Pecan Lodge is probably my all around favorite in the area even though it's not quite as good as Cattleack, it's a lot easier to get into. They do a great job of moving people through the line.

Bacchus2b 08-02-2019 11:06 AM

Pecan Lodge BBQ or Slow Bone BBQ in Dallas, Hutchins BBQ if you are inclined to drive North to McKinney or Frisco BUT..... Fort Worth is where all the new, hot BBQ smoke action is located. Panther City BBQ is Fantastic! Three 500 Gallon Moberg's going full steam ahead. They are building a Brick & Mortar restaurant, but for now serve out of a trailer with seating inside the bar next to the trailer. Also Heim BBQ (Two locations) Flores BBQ, and last but not least, Zavala's BBQ in Grand Prairie.

LYU370 08-02-2019 05:25 PM

I think one of the local news stations or local magazine was having a poll about the best BBQ in DFW. People started writing in 407BBQ up in Argyle and they won the first round of voting. Bryan cooks up some good que. I'll see if I can find a link.

Dallas Morning News poll. Round #2 https://www.guidelive.com/barbecue/2.../best-bbq-d-fw

Michigan BBQ Fan 08-08-2019 08:56 AM

Ended up at Pecan Lodge. It was beyond amazing.

ShadowDriver 08-08-2019 09:29 AM

I keep ending up at Lockhart Smokehouse in the Bishop Arts District... really need to try the Pecan Lodge next.

Any specific suggestions or just "get it all?"

Michigan BBQ Fan 08-08-2019 09:34 AM

You can skip ahead in the line if you get 5# or more. I would do that and take tons home. They do have a "Trough" that I would get next time. I wanted to try the Beef Ribs but they were out. The brisket was SPOT ON and I could eat it all day. We went "standard" (coleslaw, mac n chz) for the sides and they were very good. Next time I might branch out and try and few others. The pork sausage was solid but next time I might try and Beef Cheddar Jap.

SmokinJohn 08-08-2019 12:50 PM

Dallas Proper? IDK
Plano: Lockhart's
Euless: North Main BBQ (AYCE)

BigThicket 08-13-2019 11:54 AM

Cattleack is my favorite in Dallas proper. I'd happily drive a little to the east and eat at Slaughter's BBQ Oasis or Ernie's any day, though.

Bill Fuentes 08-19-2019 05:24 PM

I found a place by accident, had some folks coming over to office from London and our admin ordered from this place and it was actually a hit - it was dang good and we started rolling out there for take out when ever we could get up their way - there are tons of great places popping up - when is the bubble going to burst ? - http://www.meatuanywhere.com/ I've done all the BBQ trail and tried a bunch of Q and these boys are hanging in there. (of course I like central Texas style - Salt/ Pepper/ Oak/Butcher Paper/ Steel& Smoke) The Jalapeno Bacon Mac and Cheese was a deal sealer. Strange name, great Q

IamMadMan 09-11-2019 05:45 PM

I always try to visit North Main BBQ in Euless (a suburb of Fort Worth). They open at 11:00 and close when they run out of food. It's owned by Hubert Green who is a friend of a friend, always had a great meal there.

SmokinJohn 09-12-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamMadMan (Post 4225666)
I always try to visit North Main BBQ in Euless (a suburb of Fort Worth). They open at 11:00 and close when they run out of food. It's owned by Hubert Green who is a friend of a friend, always had a great meal there.

That was my first taste of Texas BBQ. I missed a connecting flight and American Airlines gave me a one-way voucher for a cab. I asked the agent where I could get good BBQ, and she pointed me to North Main.

When I got there, I was like a lost dog in a meat house. Pork Butt, sausages, slaw, brisket, white bread and iced tea. All for $10 (this was a while back).

Sat down at a community table, and people asked where I was from. When I said, "California", the place went silent. I said, "But I'm a Cowboys fan!" and the place erupted with laughter.

As I went back for my third plate, I mentioned to the cashier that I felt bad, and the owner must be losing money. He said, "Don't worry. I'm doing o.k". He was C.J., the founder of North Main BBQ.

I wish I had spent more time talking to him, because the next time I got out there, he had passed away.