The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Favorite Tailgate/Portable? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263199)

STLBBQer 07-28-2018 04:24 PM

Favorite Tailgate/Portable?

Now that we're settled in the Triangle and my wife is doing well and feeling good (thank you for the continued prayers and well wishes), we're getting back to some of the things we love to do. One of those is tailgating!

We'll be at the Southern 500 at Darlington Labor Day Weekend and I'm looking for a possible new toy. What are your favorite tailgate/camping/travel setups for grilling and smoking?

WilliamKY 07-28-2018 04:49 PM

I like the Weber Go-Anywhere charcoal grill for tailgating. When we go to Louisville football games we typically have 4-6 people in our group so it works great. Beer brats are always a hit. An 18in Weber would be even better but I haven't needed to upgrade yet.

STLBBQer 07-28-2018 04:54 PM

Should've mentioned I already have a WGA Charcoal and Jumbo Joe. Looking more for propane options...although I'm very tempted to do a slab of ribs on my JJ with Slow n Sear basket...because NASCAR.

Learning to BBQ 07-28-2018 05:09 PM

I recommend giving in to your temptation and going with charcoal and your JJ............the aroma will be way better and your neighbors will enjoy it too ;)

Other than that, I'm just jealous you are going to Darlington for the Southern 500! And enjoy your ability to do the things you love again. :thumb:

STLBBQer 07-28-2018 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Learning to BBQ (Post 4041440)
I recommend giving in to your temptation and going with charcoal and your JJ............the aroma will be way better and your neighbors will enjoy it too ;)

Other than that, I'm just jealous you are going to Darlington for the Southern 500! And enjoy your ability to do the things you love again. :thumb:

You might be right there...the smell of hickory or pecan wood smoke is hard to beat. Southern 500 has always been on my list, now that I'm only 2.5 hours away, I had to do it.

SmittyJonz 07-28-2018 06:06 PM

Solar Powered Pellet Pooper.

jermoQ 07-28-2018 06:39 PM

My UDS. I built it to load on my hitch rack and take places. It is a 55gal. I tried doing a 30 first but it was lined and I gave it away. If you arent doing a ton o food, a 30 would be more convenient.

An edit: if you got a 30 gateway or a pit barrel, you would be great for a travel toy

Smokie185 07-28-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmittyJonz (Post 4041492)
Solar Powered Pellet Pooper.

Leave it up to Smitty for a pellet pooper comment! However, Green Mountain makes one that will run off of 12V.