The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brethren Road Trips (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Going to Charleston SC any must see or must eat? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292960)

Cook 07-20-2021 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Hapgood (Post 4496587)
As far as things to see, I lived there for 3 years back in the late 70's. The Battlement and take the boat ride out to Fort Sumpter. Very interesting. 1st shot of the Civil War fired there. Oops, looks like I'm late to the party.

The first shots of the Civil War were not fired from Fort Sumpter...they were fired AT Fort Sumpter. Sumpter was a Federal installation. Cadets from the Citadel saw it appropriate to fire that first shot.

Cook 07-20-2021 09:30 PM

Lewis' is quite a letdown...sadly. The sausage is the best I've ever tasted, but the rest...meh... The brisket is uninspiring. Given the hype, I was expecting much more.

Happy Hapgood 07-21-2021 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatAttack (Post 4497072)
None of you even think of moving here. WE FULL!! :laugh:


Not as full as TX and TN. :doh:

Happy Hapgood 07-21-2021 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook (Post 4497209)
The first shots of the Civil War were not fired from Fort Sumpter...they were fired AT Fort Sumpter. Sumpter was a Federal installation. Cadets from the Citadel saw it appropriate to fire that first shot.


I did not mention who fired 1st.

PatAttack 07-21-2021 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook (Post 4497211)
Lewis' is quite a letdown...sadly. The sausage is the best I've ever tasted, but the rest...meh... The brisket is uninspiring. Given the hype, I was expecting much more.

I've noticed the brisket can be hit and miss but for the most part, hit.

I think they go through roughly 2500 + lbs. of brisket every week. During the holidays, they double that. So, I'd say it's a hit.

Taste is subjective. How is yours? I'd try it given the chance.

Cook 07-26-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatAttack (Post 4497299)
I've noticed the brisket can be hit and miss but for the most part, hit.

I think they go through roughly 2500 + lbs. of brisket every week. During the holidays, they double that. So, I'd say it's a hit.

Taste is subjective. How is yours? I'd try it given the chance.

Mine is ok. The wife tells me how good it is compared to "the greats" ... LoL

I'm not out hawking it for $24-$30 per pound or anything.

Just one man's opinion that the brisket was less than awe inspiring.

Cook 07-26-2021 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Hapgood (Post 4497265)
I did not mention who fired 1st.

I did .


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.