Royal Oak Premium Briquettes

BillN

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Never tried Royal Oak Charcoal before mainly because I have only seen it once or twice in my area and it was rather expensive. Was at Walmart yesterday and they had two 18 pound bags of Royal Oak Premium in a white bag for $8.88 so I thought why not. They also had a 16 pound bag of Royal Oak Lump for $18.00 so I passed on that.

$8.88 at Walmart

Royal Oak Premium.jpg

Never seen them before either.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Please keep us informed. I can't find a bag of Stubb's/ Cowboy briquettes anywhere. I'm on the hunt for a new charcoal. I bought 2 bags of Winn Dixie store brand today, getting desperate.

I saw it last time I was there. I wonder if it’s as good as the RO All Natural?

Says on the bag 100% All Natural Hardwood... I guess we will see, looking forward to trying on my new PK360 which was supposed to arrive today however got pushed back to Tuesday.

I think I had better go back and get a few more 2 packs, I'm guessing when they are gone they are gone.

Picked up some RO lump and briquettes yesterday.
$6.99/bag for the briquettes, $7.99/bag for the lump.
Both 15.4# bags.
Grabbed 4 bags of each. Haven't tried the lump, but happp2 with the briquettes.

Last edited:
I've done a few chickens so far with the RO briquettes from WalMart, so far so good. About 1/2 as much smoke as the Stubbs on chimney start up. No foul smells or after taste, so far so good, IMO.

Haven't seen the RO briquettes.
I get USA made RO natural lump at Home Depot for $12.97 a 15.4# bag.
Its ok. I have found some debris in the bottle of my primo though like rocks and concrete pieces.

I recently tried a bag of Jealous Devil. Was extremely impressed. Burns hot and clean but its not cheap. I got it from amazon as I don't have a local source. Its definitely very good, better than RO but I don't know that I'll keep using it due to its cost.

They're the same briquettes as the Expert Griller that Walmart sells. They leave TONS of ash behind.

Not a fan of RO briquettes and only use them when I mistakenly mix up the briquettes with the RO lump bags at the store. I've had more consistent cooks with less ash using everyday Kingsford.

So I bought a two pack of the Premium last night. Taking one bag to my dad's and I'll fire some up today. I'll report back as well.

I bought a 2-pack. I'll give it a try tomorrow. I like most natural briqs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back