The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brethren Bashes (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Oklahoma Bash (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286776)

Fatback Joe 11-05-2020 01:16 PM

Only if it is clothing optional.........well, with a mask, of course.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-Chicago (Post 4403954)
Hope Fatback Joe can make it so he can put up a video to "I'm Coming Home" on his Tik Tok page

Arlin_MacRae 11-05-2020 01:39 PM

We're there! A warm March might be good if we get one, and April-May are always iffy because of the twisters.
Sounds good!

Arlin

LYU370 11-05-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlin_MacRae (Post 4404160)
April-May are always iffy because of the twisters.

Would make for an interesting bash... :brick: :bolt:

Bill-Chicago 11-05-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

We're there! A warm March might be good if we get one, and April-May are always iffy because of the twisters.
Sounds good!

Arlin

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYU370 (Post 4404234)

If you can attend a bash that has Arlin on the guest list, you have definitely been to an interesting bash!

Miss seeing your regularly, brother.

cowgirl 11-05-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Sounds good!

Arlin

Good to see ya!

okiesmokie78 11-06-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Sounds good!

Arlin

You must mean iffy for the out of towners! If you are worried bout a 'nader we are going to have to revoke your Okie Card! lol

okiesmokie78 11-06-2020 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYU370 (Post 4403970)
What's the problem? Sounds like people want to come out. I think Dennis has tried to get a SC bash going but has only had s few folks show up. I think the NM folks are about the same. STL had a good amount show up but then haven't had one since. The Ohio bash was rather surprising, whole bunch of people showed up for the first one.

I think when the Chicago bash started, there were very few people, heck we only get around 15 people every year and it's been going on for years. But it's a bunch of fun.

Not saying its a bad thing that others want to come, just wish more Okies would respond. Being an OK bash and all! lol

okiej 11-06-2020 06:00 PM

I plan to be there! As much as I can without knowing when, where, or what else is happening in the world at the time:-D:-D:-D

cowboyupbbq 11-16-2020 10:41 PM

Bash

You should look at Lake Murray. Centrally located for us sw ok guys.

Completely off topic...have you been to the Wishbone Scratch Kitchen in Duncan? Great food and bar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiesmokie78 (Post 4404475)
Not saying its a bad thing that others want to come, just wish more Okies would respond. Being an OK bash and all! lol

Happy Hapgood 11-16-2020 10:51 PM

There is a member and good friend here that has not been active in awhile. He and this site taught me to BBQ. He now lives in Tulsa. I can give him a call to see if he can scout locations in SW OK. if you want.

Arlin_MacRae 11-17-2020 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYU370 (Post 4404234)

Hey, I've never barbecued in Oz. Maybe they don't even know how to. We could be ambassadors! :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-Chicago (Post 4404282)
If you can attend a bash that has Arlin on the guest list, you have definitely been to an interesting bash!

Miss seeing your regularly, brother.

Been too long, old friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirl (Post 4404291)
Good to see ya!

Hey, Lady! How are things up there? Did you get any of that ice that whipped our hindquarters down here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiesmokie78 (Post 4404471)
You must mean iffy for the out of towners! If you are worried bout a 'nader we are going to have to revoke your Okie Card! lol

True dat! After seeing the May '99 F5 with my own eyes, I ain't skeered! :grin:

okiesmokie78 11-17-2020 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboyupbbq (Post 4409117)
You should look at Lake Murray. Centrally located for us sw ok guys.

Completely off topic...have you been to the Wishbone Scratch Kitchen in Duncan? Great food and bar.

Yeah Lake Murray is nice! Was afraid it would be too far south for the Tulsans however. I have NOT been but heard from a lot of people who have that its good. Just always forget about it being there when I think of places to go for dinner! lol

frognot 11-21-2020 05:30 AM

Any bash that can bring Arlin out of hibernation is off to a good start!

Met him a couple of time at restaurant get-togethers when it was taking us Texas farkers years to get a bash organized.

Happy Hapgood 11-25-2020 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Hapgood (Post 4409118)
There is a member and good friend here that has not been active in awhile. He and this site taught me to BBQ. He now lives in Tulsa. I can give him a call to see if he can scout locations in SW OK. if you want.

Well chit! I meant to say South East OK. Wife pointed that out tonight. Just FYI.

Arlin_MacRae 11-27-2020 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frognot (Post 4410771)
Any bash that can bring Arlin out of hibernation is off to a good start!

Met him a couple of time at restaurant get-togethers when it was taking us Texas farkers years to get a bash organized.

You are too kind, sir! :redface: