The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brethren Bashes (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Oklahoma Bash (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286776)

okiesmokie78 10-28-2020 09:48 AM

Oklahoma Bash

1 Attachment(s)
Who all in the great state of Oklahoma, or those that live close enough to visit, would be interested in startig a OK Bash? We have a decent amount of members spread throughout our great state. Not to mention our greatest contribution, Cowgirl!

Hotch 10-28-2020 10:16 AM

As with most I'm interested, depending on date and location.
My calendar can get quite busy! :mrgreen:

Hotch 10-28-2020 10:19 AM

Any areas around Lake Eufaula with RV parking/camping and a pavilion to cook at? :mrgreen:

okiesmokie78 10-28-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotch (Post 4400853)
Any areas around Lake Eufaula with RV parking/camping and a pavilion to cook at? :mrgreen:

Honestly never been to Eufaula myself, I just looked at it from a proximity standpoint. There is a state park there however.

frognot 10-28-2020 12:23 PM

Hope y'all make this happen. Would love to add it my Bash list (done 3 states but have 47 to go).

One of the suckiest things about 2020 was having attended zero bashes which just ain't right!

4ever3 10-28-2020 02:47 PM

Set the date far enough out and we’re in!

Why did this bash thread get moved from Qtalk when the other bash threads stay there?

okiesmokie78 10-28-2020 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4400962)
Set the date far enough out and we’re in!

Why did this bash thread get moved from Qtalk when the other bash threads stay there?

Not sure I think Hotch may have moved it. This would be the more appropriate place for it but not much exposure

LYU370 10-28-2020 04:53 PM

If you plan one they will come. Unless it's Dennis that is planning one for SC, then for some reason no one wants to come. :noidea:

But I'm a definite maybe.

4ever3 10-28-2020 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiesmokie78 (Post 4400978)
Not sure I think Hotch may have moved it. This would be the more appropriate place for it but not much exposure

Makes no sense to move it to me...

bowhnter 10-28-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotch (Post 4400853)

Have you ever driven up Rt 69 pulling a 5W? :rant: :mrgreen:

That would be conveniently straight up the road for me too. Depends on when and where, I could be in.

Lighter-Fluid 10-29-2020 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frognot (Post 4400911)
Hope y'all make this happen. Would love to add it my Bash list (done 3 states but have 47 to go).

One of the suckiest things about 2020 was having attended zero bashes which just ain't right!

Only 2 states for us, only 14.5 hours from home and 4 hours from family in TX. Definitely a possibility for a road trip! Need to keep up with Charles and try to beat Andy!

Robert 10-29-2020 09:25 AM

We need to pick a date and location. Also we must remain aware of how sketchy the weather is. May is usually good temperature wise, but also a bad month for planning due to graduations. June can be good as well.

Robert

Hotch 10-29-2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiesmokie78 (Post 4400978)

The thread in QTalk was the Picture posting for the 2020 Fall Texas Bash.
I did not move it. I simply suggested it would be more appropriate to create a new thread in the "Brethren Bash" forum dedicated to an Oklahoma Bash.

If we keep posting on the OK Bash thread it will stay up top when most look at the "Today's Posts" on the Quick Links drop down menu. That's how we have done it for the past 4-5 years.

Once date and location for the Texas Bash are selected I would let Ron_L and or Phil know that I'll be posting an "Invite" post on the QTalk Thread about 60 days before the Bash. As not to post against the QTalk rules without approval.

As QTalk is all about:
"*ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking."
:mrgreen:

cowgirl 10-29-2020 10:25 AM

I nominate Jeremy to host the bash! :razz:

sliding_billy 10-29-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirl (Post 4401292)
I nominate Jeremy to host the bash! :razz:

I nominate Jeanie to show up wearing a mask so we still can't see her face. :tape: