BBQ 101 Class, 4/12/14 - Orange CA

DUBBAGA

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
California BBQ Association (CBBQA) is hosting a BBQ class on 4/12/14 at the Woodshed in Orange, CA. It is only $99 through 2/28/14

The following information is from their website

It is being sponsored by Brethren: big brother smoke and Stark-O-Rama

During this 6-hour class, some of the best, award-winning pit masters from the CBBQA, students will be guided through the step-by-step process of creating delicious barbeque and will learn:

• How to cook on various equipment including gas grills, charcoal grills & smokers, and pellet grills • What woods to use to add flavor • Best rubs and sauces for each dish • How to create barbequed appetizers • How to prepare traditional BBQ sides • How to grill Santa Maria style tri tip • How to cook BBQ chicken and ribs • Seasonal dishes and more!

Class will conclude with a hearty lunch consisting of appetizers, barbeque, and sides made in class.

Enrollment for this class is limited to 30 students to ensure everyone has the best learning experience possible and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Instructors will vary for each class so be sure to check our schedule.

The California Barbeque Association is a non-profit organization. Proceeds from this class will benefit the Childhood Leukemia Foundation as well as other children’s charities throughout California

Instructors volunteers presently involved with this class: Andy Allen (Rooftop BBQ), Andy Soto (Master of Disaster), Ben Paik (Dead Pig Walking), Bob Bass, Bryan Rice (Twisted Brisket), David Schmidt (Que Que Ka-Choo), Ed Williams (Thank the Lard BBQ), Jerry Aguilar (Burnin' and Lootin'), Rob Rice (Twisted Brisket), Steve Wilson (The Pit Crew)

This is an amazing selection of competitors on the West Coast BBQ scene, and a ton of GC's between them (ask Steve Wilson to see the car he won at Smoke on the Water - now THAT is a trophy!!)

I think I have that day free. let me check with the missus. It's in my backyard, and where I buy my wood, so I really want to go.

That just might be doable! Thanks for putting that up.

I have that date open, it says bbq 101 but do you know if it will be directed at comp cooking at all?

I don't believe it is going to be focused towards comp cooking, but possibly Big Brother Smoke or Tim from Dead Pig Walking could give a better idea of the scheduled agenda

Now if you want a comp BBQ class, look no further than Left Coast Q / 3 Eyz in Banning!!!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178757
I reallllllly wanted to do that one but I have a yacht race on the 8th and that is why I asked about this class. When I saw that Stephan was teaching it I thought maybe there was some comp stuff happening.

C'mon, which is more important, the boat or the BBQ. The class needs "THE HOOKER"

This class will be strictly backyard. However, you do have some comp cooks teaching it, lol. The meats being offered dictate backyard style class.

C'mon, which is more important, the boat or the BBQ. The class needs "THE HOOKER"
In this case its the boat, its our last race before the Newport to Encenada race this year.

Its difficult to balance these events sometimes, its a give and take unfortunately.

f71c5b8faa853e49d3799256e812ebcb108661092.jpg

Back