The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MAK Group Buy (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279141)

crocker84 03-12-2020 06:17 PM

Well, 2 Star for me, I am 26!

rwalters 03-12-2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gben (Post 4282672)
Outside of Cleveland, easy getting to Cleveland or Akron

Is Wooster Ohio within driving distance?

rwalters 03-12-2020 06:43 PM

15 minutes to go and the official number of new MAK family members is sitting at 27. Sooooo awesome! Anyone else? Tick tock, tick tock...

Jcmhc 03-12-2020 06:55 PM

Timing isn't right for me to hop in, but I'll buy one eventually!

KevinJ 03-12-2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4282694)
15 minutes to go and the official number of new MAK family members is sitting at 27. Sooooo awesome! Anyone else? Tick tock, tick tock...

That's pretty darn impressive when you think of the financial commitment it takes to buy a MAK, be it the 1 or 2 Star, was thinking when this all started it would be great if they sold 10 units.

Power of the Brethren, hopefully MAK finds value in becoming a site sponsor and regular participant.

Josh@MAK 03-12-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinJ (Post 4282703)
That's pretty darn impressive when you think of the financial commitment it takes to buy a MAK, be it the 1 or 2 Star, was thinking when this all started it would be great if they sold 10 units.

Power of the Brethren, hopefully MAK finds value in becoming a site sponsor and regular participant.

It's been a wild week with all of this on top of regular business and we're thrilled to have participated.

I look forward to seeing everyone's cooks and enjoyment of the MAK and I plan to become a regular participant in this forum. I'll make sure we discuss sponsorship. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime for any MAK / BBQ related reason.

rwalters 03-12-2020 07:12 PM

The phone rang at 5pm at MAK. They answered. We are now at 28 :)

Who the heck made that 5 o’clock call?!?! LOL.

#kingofprocrastination

jstrand 03-12-2020 07:12 PM

Not bad at all considering the state of things, people buying all the tp and hand sanitizer. Roughly 80k worth of cookers sold.

I'm so sad I couldn't get in on this. :cry:

gben 03-12-2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4282688)
Is Wooster Ohio within driving distance?

about 60 miles, mostly freeway, a good hour each way.

rwalters 03-12-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gben (Post 4282713)
about 60 miles, mostly freeway, a good hour each way.

There is a Rural King there. Best deal I believe you’ll find on Lumberjack pellets. That’s what my buddy uses and that’s where he gets them. I don’t use LJ, but lots of guys really like them. Is there a Rural King closer to you?

Lees23 03-12-2020 07:20 PM

Curious what the actual deal was....

rwalters 03-12-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lees23 (Post 4282719)

It was something that MAK Grills did not want published and they rarely if ever do this type of thing. They had requested that each person interested call in to discuss. I do know that the deal was consistent for each person that bought... as that is the way MAK does things. Great people!

ssv3 03-12-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lees23 (Post 4282719)

https://reninassancemusings.files.wo...classified.jpg

Sooner21 03-12-2020 07:46 PM

MAK Group Buy

Quote:

Originally Posted by gben (Post 4282659)
So I've heard! Now all I have to do is find a good source for pellets, there are no Academy stores within 250 miles, Dicks Sporting goods yes, but then I need to discover what brand and at a reasonable price that play nice with the Mak. Which ones ash more than others, impart more or less smoke, lots to find out.

Dick's will price match. I'm in Western NY (OK/TX transplant) where 99% of the people don't know what BBQ tastes like. The only option I have outside of online is Dick's. I brought in the Atwoods Lumberjack $6.99 sale price and they matched it without question. Gonna hit a couple more up so I can stock up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gben 03-12-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4282715)
There is a Rural King there. Best deal I believe you’ll find on Lumberjack pellets. That’s what my buddy uses and that’s where he gets them. I don’t use LJ, but lots of guys really like them. Is there a Rural King closer to you?

Close is a relative term here, the closer one is about 8-10 miles closer in a completely opposite direction. I've heard good things about lumber jack pellets, I've also heard they have a lot of dust, correct me if I'm wrong. But the price they have them for would be worth the drive to stock up. I'm new to pellet grills and want to use pellets that have a history of working well in the Mak. I realize maintenance goes a long way in keeping things running smoothly but avoiding poor performing pellets is a good start.