The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MAK Group Buy (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279141)

ssv3 03-10-2020 04:46 PM

Welp,

I'm gonna hold off boys. Just doesn't make sense when I have my YS640. I plan on bringing the Yoder home from the cabin since it doesn't get much use up there like when I first bought it. Sometimes I can't go up for over 2 months.

I plan and buying the Yoder ACS wifi hardware and upgrading it for $400+. I'll use it way more when I bring it home.

4ever3 03-10-2020 04:56 PM

A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do...

rwalters 03-10-2020 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssv3 (Post 4281912)
Welp,

I'm gonna hold off boys. Just doesn't make sense when I have my YS640. I plan on bringing the Yoder home from the cabin since it doesn't get much use up there like when I first bought it. Sometimes I can't go up for over 2 months.

I plan and buying the Yoder ACS wifi hardware and upgrading it for $400+. I'll use it way more when I bring it home.

Although I would’ve loved to see you join the MAK family, can’t argue with your thinking... makes perfect sense.

Josh@MAK 03-10-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4281786)
It’s a one man job til you get to moving the cook chamber to the cart. I have seen guys do that part solo... but I’ll be the first to admit that I ain’t man enough for it. Not sure of an easy way to connect the two without a helping hand. Perhaps a neighbor with a slab of ribs as payment?

Seconded. Bribe a neighbor to help you transfer the body onto the base. With two people it should take literally less than a minute. That part really should not ever be attempted solo. It's a very heavy body and tolerances are very tight.

Eads Ranch 03-10-2020 05:51 PM

1 Star ordered.

pjtexas1 03-10-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eads Ranch (Post 4281938)
1 Star ordered.

Welcome to our Mak family!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rwalters 03-10-2020 06:04 PM

MAK Group Buy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eads Ranch (Post 4281938)
1 Star ordered.

And another Brethren joins the MAK family! Welcome brutha :-)

What accessories did you go with?

dpends 03-10-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baychilla (Post 4281779)
Anyone have advice for how to put a Mak together solo? I live hell and gone from friends/coworkers.

I actually did this yesterday, and wouldn't say I'm a super-strong guy or anything. The way I did it was to rotate the grill body back on top of the box/pallet (with cushioning). I then attached the cart horizontally and levered it up, which was actually fairly easy (make sure you lock the casters first). Toughest part was reaching around some weird angles to tighten the nuts.

Also, make sure you take everything you can out of the grill before doing this - saves a bunch of weight.

I wish I could take credit for thinking of this myself, but its actually how the Smokefire was assembled.

rwalters 03-10-2020 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpends (Post 4281952)
I actually did this yesterday, and wouldn't say I'm a super-strong guy or anything. The way I did it was to rotate the grill body back on top of the box/pallet (with cushioning). I then attached the cart horizontally and levered it up, which was actually fairly easy (make sure you lock the casters first). Toughest part was reaching around some weird angles to tighten the nuts.

Also, make sure you take everything you can out of the grill before doing this - saves a bunch of weight.

I wish I could take credit for thinking of this myself, but its actually how the Smokefire was assembled.

You da man! How does your back feel today? Mine hurts just thinking about it… lol.

Sooner21 03-10-2020 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssv3 (Post 4281912)
Welp,

I’m selfishly disappointed. Your logic is sound, but your cooks are inspiring. For the love of the Brethren I think you should reconsider - you have a couple more days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rwalters 03-10-2020 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner21 (Post 4281963)
I’m selfishly disappointed. Your logic is sound, but your cooks are inspiring. For the love of the Brethren I think you should reconsider - you have a couple more days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know what, you are absolutely correct! I would actually have to question Sako’s love and loyalty to the Brethren should this decision stick :(

pjtexas1 03-10-2020 06:59 PM

Now that's some serious peer pressure! I'll still be your friend regardless Sako.

pjtexas1 03-10-2020 07:01 PM

https://youtu.be/DfIcZtjAch8

rwalters 03-10-2020 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4281977)
Now that's some serious peer pressure! I'll still be your friend regardless Sako.

No pressure whatsoever... just a gentle nudge... lol. Yes, we can still be friends no matter what he decides. I would hate to lose my chance of ever getting a Sako dinner invite :)

Baychilla 03-10-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpends (Post 4281952)

That's actually what I was going to post. I used the pallet + the cardboard on top to rest the Mak on its back and then did a horizontal install.

Funny thing, the only other item left in the delivery truck was a Smokefire. The driver wouldn't tell me if it was a return or new delivery.