The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Brethren Identification (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152040)

dmprantz 01-21-2013 03:59 PM

Brethren Identification

In this post Carlyle mentioned something about a pin, and I thought that was a really good idea. I can see two things: One would be a lapel/hat pin with the "Fear the Pig" logo on it. The other would be a badge very similar to the KCBS badges. In the corner it would have the "Fear The Pig" logo, and then it would have two lines of text. The top would be the Brethren username, and the bottom would be the person's real name. Any one else think this would be a good idea?

dmp

Teamfour 01-21-2013 04:00 PM

Great idea!

MuleTuf 01-21-2013 04:02 PM

Absolutely!

dmprantz 01-21-2013 04:14 PM

Some one mentioned that he had gotten lapel pins for competitions in the past, so if he wants to, I'm sure he can provide some input. I think some comps have them for judges, so maybe an organizer with experience there can chime in as well. One or two Brethren may even do this professionally. Still, it looks like 300 1" lapel pins can be gotten relatively affordably.

http://www.lapelpinsuperstore.com/la.../cloisonne.htm

Engraved name badges are relatively affordable too, especially if you batch up.

https://www.bestnamebadges.com/engraved-name-badges.php

Obviously, I don't own the Brethren nor the Pig logos, so some one else would have to pull the trigger on it. Just some thoughts, and this is just the first thing that came up in Google to see how much it would cost.

EDIT: Another option is to go with laminates on lanyards, maybe "brethrenizing" the lanyards. I've seen some large MIM teams take this approach. It would probably be cheaper than engraved name plates, but personally, I like the name badges more. Just throwing out ideas.

dmp

Uncle Buds BBQ 01-21-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmprantz (Post 2336713)
In this post Carlyle mentioned something about a pin, and I thought that was a really good idea. I can see two things: One would be a lapel/hat pin with the "Fear the Pig" logo on it. The other would be a badge very similar to the KCBS badges. In the corner it would have the "Fear The Pig" logo, and then it would have two lines of text. The top would be the Brethren username, and the bottom would be the person's real name. Any one else think this would be a good idea?

dmp

I propose tattoos! That would show "real" commitment to the Brethren!

Stoke&Smoke 01-21-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Buds BBQ (Post 2336778)

I'd consider that:D

Red Valley BBQ 01-21-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

I'm all for that...but I'd hate to have to cut off a limb due to copyright infringement. :becky:

Jason TQ 01-21-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

But I don't want to cover up my tramp stamp :icon_blush:.

carlyle 01-21-2013 05:27 PM

Since I did mention it, I really think that is a good idea.

Would be proud to wear it, if reasonably tasteful.

Alas, I would not do a tat. I am getting old- where ever I put a tat is either shrinking or wrinkling.

Stoke&Smoke 01-21-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Valley BBQ (Post 2336827)
I'm all for that...but I'd hate to have to cut off a limb due to copyright infringement. :becky:

Well it'd have to be ok'd by the poobah!

Dunno, haven't gotten any new ones since 1977.....guess I'm good!

sdbbq1234 01-21-2013 05:50 PM

I'd be up for the idea (not the tatto idea).

wallace

wingpirate 01-22-2013 10:42 AM

I'd buy a pin/badge if one were available for purchase. :-D

Teamfour 01-22-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Valley BBQ (Post 2336827)

Funny story: I have the Shelby Cobra logo on my arm. I showed it to Carroll Shelby at a car show, and he said I owed him $100 in royalties. He was dead serious.

dmprantz 01-22-2013 11:31 AM

Since we're sharing "funny" tattoo stories, here's mine, but it's more lore. I know there are a few software guys in here who might appreciate it. Charles Petzold is kindof a famous Windows programmer who really knows the ins and outs and writes books. He had the Windows logo tattooed on his arm, and when asked why once, his response was something similar to "It's to symbolize the pain that we all feel when trying to write Windows software."

dmp

John Bowen 01-22-2013 02:12 PM

I was curious – is there a fabric banner or flag with the Brethren Logo on it? I would fly one in our camp.