Suggestions for small pork loin centre roast

buzzed

Reaction score
I'm going to cook a 2-3lb pork roast tomorrow, and was wondering how some of you fine folks would go about cooking one. I can use either a UDS or gas grill.

Thanks!

I'm shocked nobody has replied until now!!:shock::shock:

Either applilance will work but I would use the drum myself. If you do a search for pork loin, I'm sure you'll find many options to choose from. I prefer a heavy dose of garlic and rosemary along with your favorite rub and cook to an internal temp of 145 then tent with foil and let it rest for at least 1/2 hour before slicing. The biggest mistake people make when cooking a pork roast is to overcook it then it ends up being dry. Another fun thing to do is to stuff it with sausage.

I concur with the man in the rib-bone hat! I would add one thing. Brine. Make up a brine with kosher salt, sugar and some of what ever rub you are going to use and brine it for about an hour per pound. (This assumes that the roast is not enhanced. If the label shows hat it contains an XX% solution then it is enhanced, so skip the brine).

Well I'll have to agree wiht both posts. Brine and don't overcook. Rotisserie if ya have one.

Last edited:
Agreed, with the "don't overcook" statement. I really want to spin a boneless pork loin on a rotisserie. Hopefully soon.

Back