The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brethren Bashes (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The 2020 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Planning (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277653)

Hotch 01-29-2020 12:37 PM

I posted and invite on the BBQ Brethren FB page.
Hope to see the BBQ Brethren FB guys at the Bash! :mrgreen:

Blythewood BBQ'er 01-29-2020 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotch (Post 4266639)

Can't make the spring but if all the stars line up we WILL be at the fall bash! We are planning on a 2 week vacay to Texas for it. Already thinking about Friday night!

Happy Hapgood 01-29-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blythewood BBQ'er (Post 4266723)
Can't make the spring but if all the stars line up we WILL be at the fall bash! We are planning on a 2 week vacay to Texas for it. Already thinking about Friday night!

Oh Lord! Get the Karaoke machine ready! :becky:

pjtexas1 01-30-2020 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blythewood BBQ'er (Post 4266723)

We're thinking October 24th. No UT or A&M home games that Saturday. I'll probably book it in the next couple days.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LYU370 01-30-2020 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotch (Post 4266639)

We don't want the rif raf from the FB group. Oh wait... I'm a member of that FB group.

pjtexas1 01-30-2020 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYU370 (Post 4267035)
We don't want the rif raf from the FB group. Oh wait... I'm a member of that FB group.

Then you were correct...[emoji23]

Blythewood BBQ'er 01-31-2020 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Hotch 02-08-2020 10:42 AM

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/i...milies/mod.gif 41 DAYS till the 2020 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash! https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/i...milies/mod.gif

:mrgreen:

Hotch 02-19-2020 08:14 AM

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/i...milies/mod.gif 31 DAYS till the 2020 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash! https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/i...milies/mod.gif
The Bash is just around the corner!
Time to get your menu finalized.
And your gear cleaned up and ready to go.
So get your boots dusted off and load up the wagons!
I'll bring the CABO and some great sausages from Syracuse.
Don't forget to bring a few chairs, tables and coolers loaded full of adult beverages.
A few sides would be great also.

And please go ahead and signup on the Link in my sig line below if you are thinking about coming out to the Bash!

Looks like we are set for a great Brethren Bash this year!! :mrgreen:

LYU370 02-20-2020 11:03 PM

Still keeping an eye out for cheap flights.

Hotch 02-23-2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYU370 (Post 4273977)
Still keeping an eye out for cheap flights.

How's it looking? :mrgreen:

Happy Hapgood 02-24-2020 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotch (Post 4274881)
How's it looking? :mrgreen:

Think Andy is trying to figure a way to get Buba back down Texas way. :shock:

Hotch 02-25-2020 06:57 AM

Bring him! :mrgreen:

Hotch 02-29-2020 08:17 AM

Well boys and girls looks like we have only 20 Days till the Bash!
Shelly and I are both looking forward to seeing everyone!! :mrgreen:

LYU370 02-29-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Hapgood (Post 4275608)
Think Andy is trying to figure a way to get Buba back down Texas way. :shock:

Ya sure you want your ears talked off again? Probably be the same stories as last fall... :mrgreen: But if he's coming, he's on his own, it's only about a 5-6 hour drive from R-Kansas. It'll actually be cheaper for me to fly down than to drive down in the big ole pickem up truck. And 13 hours less time, each way.

Found some decent airfare, will put in a vacation request Monday. See what happens. But I will tell Bubba, to drive on down even if I don't go. Maybe he'll bring Bubba Jr. or Bubba the third with him. :laugh:

ssv3 03-01-2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYU370 (Post 4277778)
Ya sure you want your ears talked off again? Probably be the same stories as last fall... :mrgreen: But if he's coming, he's on his own, it's only about a 5-6 hour drive from R-Kansas. It'll actually be cheaper for me to fly down than to drive down in the big ole pickem up truck. And 13 hours less time, each way.

Found some decent airfare, will put in a vacation request Monday. See what happens. But I will tell Bubba, to drive on down even if I don't go. Maybe he'll bring Bubba Jr. or Bubba the third with him. :laugh:

Bubba is good dude Andy. :thumb: Tell him I said hi. Loved his police garage stories. :mrgreen:

Happy Hapgood 03-02-2020 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYU370 (Post 4277778)

Just tell him the CoonAss wants him to cook his Budin again. Think we will let him know if he repeats a story. :laugh:

frognot 03-02-2020 03:02 AM

I haven't heard any Bubba stories so hope to meet him. Used to hunt in SW Arkansas so can bore him with my own stories if needed.

Trying to get my hunting buddy to attend.

Hotch 03-03-2020 09:55 AM

If you go to the Isle du Bois web page it mentions about closures due to lake flooding damage and repair projects, including the Pavilion.

I just spoke with the Park and she said it should be open on or before the 21st!
They had just completed up grade work on the playground next to the pavilion and someone had made a mess of it just after the finished. So they are back doing repairs now.

She said they have plan B is to just move us to Pavilion 1 if need be, but she did not think that would be necessary.
I invited her to come join us. She said she had heard good things about us!!

See ya at the Bash in 17 days!! :mrgreen:

pjtexas1 03-03-2020 09:33 PM

On an unrelated note...
The Fall Bash is set for 10-24-2020. [emoji122]

pjtexas1 03-04-2020 12:42 PM

How much rain fell North of Denton? We had so much rain that I saw the water rescue crews this morning.

Blythewood BBQ'er 03-04-2020 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4279360)
On an unrelated note...
The Fall Bash is set for 10-24-2020. [emoji122]

Tried to reserve a site and it's still not available. I know they only reserve 6 months out. I'll let everyone know when I get a resy. I'm sure the day after the Springer someone will start the fall thread.

LYU370 03-04-2020 09:44 PM

Just like last year. I'm out again. Too many projects going on at work to get away, even for a weekend. Been that way for the last 4 - 5 years. I should have known better. One of these years, I'll make it there.

I'll let Bubba know he's still invited. If he shows up he might cook Mike's boudin.

Hotch 03-05-2020 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4279546)
How much rain fell North of Denton? We had so much rain that I saw the water rescue crews this morning.

We had a some rain but not enough to bust out the inner tubes! :mrgreen:

Hotch 03-07-2020 08:06 AM

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/i...milies/mod.gif 14 DAYS till the 2020 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash! https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/i...milies/mod.gif

Wow! Would you look at that!
Only 14 Days till we meet up at Isle du Bois for the Bash!

Ron_L 03-11-2020 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is Andy coming? You all may want him to bring some of this....

Happy Hapgood 03-11-2020 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron_L (Post 4282263)

He's poisoned me twice! Once in St. Louis and then again in South Texas :twitch:

Hotch 03-11-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Same here! I've been poisoned by Andy !! :mrgreen:

LYU370 03-11-2020 06:38 PM

Holy crap! $78 airfare to DFW. Trying to see if I can make it down.

pjtexas1 03-11-2020 07:36 PM

I've also been poisoned by Andy and I didn't even drink the malort... what a great guy! [emoji122]

LYU370 03-11-2020 08:08 PM

Little did you know I was doing you all a favor! :razz:

And airfare is now down to $69RT. Hell, I'll just call in sick with the Coronavirus.

Sid Post 03-12-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Hapgood (Post 4282277)
He's poisoned me twice! Once in St. Louis and then again in South Texas :twitch:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotch (Post 4282288)
Same here! I've been poisoned by Andy !! :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4282343)
I've also been poisoned by Andy and I didn't even drink the malort... what a great guy! [emoji122]

:hand: Once was enough for me!

It must be an acquired taste though like some of the unusual stuff I've tried in Europe. I don't think I will ever 'try' it enough to develop a taste for it though.

Sid Post 03-12-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYU370 (Post 4282358)
Little did you know I was doing you all a favor! :razz:

And airfare is now down to $69RT. Hell, I'll just call in sick with the Coronavirus.

Coronavirus is playing havoc with travel in general. I might have to reconsider some travel to Europe other than Italy if things keep up like this. Or maybe somewhere in the Pacific region ... hmmm

Happy Hapgood 03-12-2020 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Post (Post 4282534)
Coronavirus is playing havoc with travel in general. I might have to reconsider some travel to Europe other than Italy if things keep up like this. Or maybe somewhere in the Pacific region ... hmmm

Looks like your quarantined to Texas. I'm "breaking" quarantine 13 miles to the state line. :laugh: Come on Man!

ssv3 03-13-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYU370 (Post 4282310)
Holy crap! $78 airfare to DFW. Trying to see if I can make it down.

$42 roundtrip and non stop. :mrgreen: i'm tempted since they cancelled two events that I was supposed to attend.

Hotch 03-13-2020 03:47 PM

So, pretty much if the parking lot is not under 6' of water, I'll see you at the Bash!
P.S bring your own TP!! :mrgreen:

Lighter-Fluid 03-13-2020 05:48 PM

Unfortunately we've decided not to make the trip. Not out of concern for us personally, but with the uncertainty of the virus and it's possible impact on a 7 months pregnant DIL we're not willing to take the chance. Y'all have a great time, post lots of pics and let us know if Smitty comes in hot!

Hotch 03-13-2020 06:05 PM

I understand and agree with you.
You guys will be missed! Hope to have you back next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotch 03-13-2020 06:17 PM

I just received this from our friends at the Texas State Parks:
(I’ll have the permit)

Texas State Parks Visitors,

We appreciate your loyalty and trust. With the uncertain and evolving health situation in the U.S., our highest priority is the health and well-being of our visitors, volunteers and employees.

Texas State Parks are open, and our staff is ready to welcome you for the day or for overnight stays. Outdoor spaces are well suited to increased social distance, but we still must remain diligent in taking steps to make your visit as safe and enjoyable as possible.

Here’s how you can help:
Print your day-use and camping permits before your visit to a state park. You can even print permits for reservations made through the call center. This will help reduce or eliminate time spent in the park office to check in. Simply log in to your account and select “Pre-Registration & Site Permits” for camping reservations, or “Print Tickets & Daily Entrance” for day use. Then follow instructions on the page. Please note that it takes up to 24 hours for new camping reservations to be available for at-home printing.

Pack extra soap or hand sanitizer. Park restrooms have soap or hand sanitizer. However, due to increased use or at remote locations, soap or sanitizer may not always be available.

If you have been sick in the last two weeks, please stay at home for your health and the safety of others.

Additional information on best practices for keeping you and your family safe can be found online at the Texas Department of State Health Services.

Here’s what we are doing:
If you feel cancelling your stay is the safest choice, we will waive cancellation fees for visits in March. To cancel without fees, contact our Customer Service Center at (512) 389-8900 or email customer service.

We are implementing additional cleaning procedures, such as cleaning restrooms and other public areas more often.

We are monitoring the situation. We promise to remain diligent and intentional in protecting you and making your visit a great experience.

Please visit our website for more information and our latest updates.

Sincerely,

Rodney Franklin
Rodney Franklin
Texas State Parks Director

LYU370 03-13-2020 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssv3 (Post 4283048)
$42 roundtrip and non stop. :mrgreen: i'm tempted since they cancelled two events that I was supposed to attend.

Down to $59 from ORD... Damn rental car costs more than the flight. I'll be a last minute yes/no. I think I should be able to take off from work. Looking at the weather, will it ever stop raining down there? Although it looks good for Saturday.

pjtexas1 03-14-2020 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lighter-Fluid (Post 4283129)
Unfortunately we've decided not to make the trip. Not out of concern for us personally, but with the uncertainty of the virus and it's possible impact on a 7 months pregnant DIL we're not willing to take the chance. Y'all have a great time, post lots of pics and let us know if Smitty comes in hot!

Keep everyone safe! I have a 4 month old granddaughter. We are being really careful.

I know some medical professionals that were saying last week that they had zero concerns. This week they are like our hospitals are at a 2. Next level is 3 and that includes mandatory body bags be stored all over the hospital. Not really sure what that means.

Sid Post 03-14-2020 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Hapgood (Post 4282850)
Looks like your quarantined to Texas. I'm "breaking" quarantine 13 miles to the state line. :laugh: Come on Man!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssv3 (Post 4283048)

Personally, I think right after the BASH is a good time to travel as airfare will be dirt cheap and hotels will be empty and plentiful too. That dream trip for many is financially viable now but, fear is holding people back. You still need to use some common sense but, for many people is a reasonable thing to consider. An overabundance of caution has its own drawbacks too IMHO. :wink:

I look at it with the eyes and head of an engineer who has done my fair share of honest detailed data analysis and limited experience as a former entry-level EMT with a sister that teaches nursing. In terms of RELATIVE RISK, I'm personally more concerned about other things. Yes, Wuhan / Coronavirus is serious and unpleasant if you get it. It is unlikely to be fatal for most people (I don't consider myself elderly and, I'm not immuno-compromised either). I say this as someone who lived through Camphlobacter Jujuni with basically only electrolytes and some non-specific low-level antibiotics. I was extremely fit and lost ~40%~50% of my extremely lean muscle mass but, recovered fully after fighting the infection for two weeks with another two weeks to put on enough muscle mass to walk a flight of stairs again, which was a huge change from hiking with nearly a 100 pounds on my back!

Whether anyone feels the need to self-quarantine after the bash is a totally different topic! :laugh:

Sid Post 03-14-2020 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4283288)
Keep everyone safe! I have a 4 month old granddaughter. We are being really careful.

Yes, plenty of caution around the young ones is important as they are more vulnerable than most of us to bad outcomes from Wuhan / Coronavirus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4283288)
I know some medical professionals that were saying last week that they had zero concerns. This week they are like our hospitals are at a 2. Next level is 3 and that includes mandatory body bags be stored all over the hospital. Not really sure what that means.

If you look at the number of people dying from this compared to flu, it is hard to understand the panic outside of small pockets of poor containment, especially in the USA. The bigger risk for the vast majority of medical facilities is the lack of support equipment to handle large patient loads.

On the flip side, just because you have a sore throat, running nose and, body aches does not mean you have an active case of Wuhan / Coronavirus. My sister has these symptoms and stayed home from work but, hasn't even bothered to go to her doctor. Is she a Wuhan spreader? Probably not as her exposure is most likely common FLU and unlike the person who coughed on her is staying home.

Hotch 03-14-2020 11:54 AM

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/i...milies/mod.gif Just 6 DAYS till the 2020 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/i...milies/mod.gif

So grab your camp chairs, get your cooler out and get ready to have a great time at the Bash!!
I'll be there between 7:00 am 8:00 am to get my Shirley setup.
I'll bring the Cabo!
I hope the liquor store has more stock than the grocery stores do!

Hotch 03-15-2020 08:50 AM

Well if the rain will hold off the morning I'll fire up the Honda and bring Shirley around front to the garage to get ready for the Bash!

https://i.postimg.cc/rm5X5QNw/2017-09-05-005.jpg

Sid Post 03-15-2020 09:33 AM

Looking good so far!

Hotch 03-16-2020 09:05 AM

Well on the hunt this morning for a handful of items we need for our cooks at the Bash!
Will suit up at 09:30 and hit the road! :mrgreen:

ronbrad62 03-16-2020 10:55 AM

I am a strong possibility to attend. My wife is in total agreement for me to fly out and back. On a side note, she asked to review my life insurance policy. Hmmmmmm.
Seriously, she said she knows I would have a ball, so I will have a definite answer later today.

Hotch 03-16-2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronbrad62 (Post 4284362)
I am a strong possibility to attend. My wife is in total agreement for me to fly out and back. On a side note, she asked to review my life insurance policy. Hmmmmmm.
Seriously, she said she knows I would have a ball, so I will have a definite answer later today.

I may need to bring an extra camp chair or two!

Hotch 03-16-2020 01:37 PM

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/i...milies/mod.gif Only 4 DAYS and 18 Hours till the 2020 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/i...milies/mod.gif

So let's do a quick roll call on who and with how many will be attending the Bash.
Please go to the sign up sheet link in my signature line today and bring it current!!

By doing this everyone will know:
Who and how many will be there.
How many cookers we will have to cook on.
What you are bringing and or going to be cooking.

How much stuff we need to cook.

Also if you would let us know if you can bring serving gloves, paper towels, solo cups, paper plates, forks, spoons and all the other stuff I may have missed.

The State is ramping up their cleaning of the restrooms (public spaces) at the parks but I would still bring some Lysol Disinfecting wipes and TP for trips to the restrooms.

Lastly, if you are or think you are sick please take care of yourself at home and we will see you next time.

I would like to see everybody have a great time and go home safe and in good health.

Thanks! :mrgreen: