Smoked Kielbasa!!!

Clay-b-que

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Spent the evening mixing 3 pork shoulders and stuffing. In the fridge over night and started the fire at 8. On Franklinstein at 8:30. Made this with my 85 year old father in law who is from Poland!

ef295caddb90bca52e13b39751cd1e07.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That looks awesome!

Can you share the recipe?
We make our own pierogi and golumpki, but never tried to make our own kielbasa.

That looks awesome!

Can you share the recipe?
We make our own pierogi and golumpki, but never tried to make our own kielbasa.

We took 3 pork butts and separated the meat and fat. Ran both piles through the Grinder separately. Fat went through twice. Then chilled them for a bit separately. Then mixed the two piles with salt and pepper and puréed garlic mixed with some water. Then added more water to the meat mixture until it was “mushy” and stuck to your fingers. Then stuffed in pig casing. Put in the fridge over night and on the smoke this morning. When mixing we would take a little and fry it up to see how it tasted and would adjust as needed with salt pepper and garlic. Hope it works! We will see :clap2:

Last edited:
We took 3 pork butts and separated the meat and fat. Ran both piles through the Grinder separately. Fat went through twice. Then chilled them for a bit separately. Then mixed the two piles with salt and pepper and puréed garlic mixed with some water. Then added more water to the meat mixture until it was “mushy” and stuck to your fingers. Then stuffed in pig casing. Put in the fridge over night and on the smoke this morning. When mixing we would take a little and fry it up to see how it tasted and would adjust as needed with salt pepper and garlic. Hope it works! We will see :clap2:

Thanks, I will definitely try this.

My wife is polish and we literally drive 5 hours round trip to get our kielbasa. Its excellent, but if I can make it at home I will. By coincidence, we are having kielbasa and pierogis for dinner today.

That looks amazing. They will be on my list to try to make.

What are the rods you are hanging the meat from?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That looks amazing. They will be on my list to try to make.

What are the rods you are hanging the meat from?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I had to fabricate a system on Friday night to hang the meat. I have been meaning to weld rails in for a second shelf so I used this opportunity to do that. Then I simply cut down some 1/2” round bar I had laying around and used the rails to hold those. It worked okay but I am going to fabricate a triangular system/rotisserie so that I can rotate the kielbasa throughout the smoking process.

Back