The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MAK Group Buy (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279141)

WBDubya 03-02-2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baychilla (Post 4278798)
What type of pellets work best in these things and is there much of a difference between the wood varieties?

I need to acquire a new fuel source to fuel my new Two Star.

You can't go wrong with Lumberjack Pellets! BBQ Delight is my second choice.
I want to try Cookin Pellets but still sitting on a pile of LJ.

rwalters 03-02-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinJ (Post 4278801)
Think more like camped out at San Onofre, surfing at Old Mans with all the other old men. :heh:

Dumb crystal ball [emoji37]

WBDubya 03-02-2020 05:03 PM

If anyone talks to Caleb, tell him to get his advertising dept. going on the apparel section of their website! We need MAK logo'd t-shirts, decals, laser engraved Yeti's etc. I know they are busy cranking out awesome grills but I would love to advertise the brand with some swag (and yes I'll be happy to pay for it!).

rwalters 03-02-2020 05:07 PM

MAK Group Buy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baychilla (Post 4278798)
What type of pellets work best in these things and is there much of a difference between the wood varieties?

I need to acquire a new fuel source to fuel my new Two Star.

You’re in?!?! Welcome to the MAK family! Ask 10 people for their opinion on pellets and you’re likely to get 7-8 different opinions. I’ve been using Bear Mountain and have had great success with them. I had issues with LJ but many swear by them. I am currently tryin a bag of BBQ’rs Delight and so far so good. What options do you have locally?

rwalters 03-02-2020 05:08 PM

MAK Group Buy

Quote:

Originally Posted by WBDubya (Post 4278816)
If anyone talks to Caleb, tell him to get his advertising dept. going on the apparel section of their website! We need MAK logo'd t-shirts, decals, laser engraved Yeti's etc. I know they are busy cranking out awesome grills but I would love to advertise the brand with some swag (and yes I'll be happy to pay for it!).

Amen!!! I’ll bet pjtexas would even buy a pair of MAK undies if they were offered... lol.

Baychilla 03-02-2020 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4278818)
You’re in?!?! Welcome to the MAK family! Ask 10 people for their opinion on pellets and you’re likely to get 7-8 different opinions. I’ve been using Bear Mountain and have had great success with them. I had issues with LJ but many swear by them. I am currently tryin a bag of BBQ’rs Delight and so far so good. What options do you have locally?

Green Mountain, Traeger or HomComfort. Not much.

rwalters 03-02-2020 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baychilla (Post 4278821)
Green Mountain, Traeger or HomComfort. Not much.

Traeger = no way
HomComfort = I know nothing about
Green Mountain = I have heard good things about

I’d try a bag of the GM after you burn through the Bear Mountain that’ll come with the MAK and see whatcha think.

Johnny in L.A. 03-02-2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4278792)
Welcome to the MAK family buddy!!! It’s been a journey and lots of conversations... :)

You gonna sell the KBQ?

It sure has, and I've appreciated all of them. :thumb: I'd send you my first tri tip or St. Louis rib rack but it would get cold in transit. :wink: Plus, I gotta practice.

The KBQ will be for sale as soon as I give it a good clean and polish. It's only got eight cooks on it but could still use a bit of shine.

4ever3 03-02-2020 05:30 PM

MAK 2 ⭐️ has been ordered...

Full upper rack
Door
Cover

(I’m standing beside the road waiting as I type :mrgreen:)

rwalters 03-02-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny in L.A. (Post 4278828)
It sure has, and I've appreciated all of them. :thumb: I'd send you my first tri tip or St. Louis rib rack but it would get cold in transit. :wink: Plus, I gotta practice.

The KBQ will be for sale as soon as I give it a good clean and polish. It's only got eight cooks on it but could still use a bit of shine.

Only 8 cooks... man, I guess you haven’t had time. There are some weekends where my MAK runs almost non-stop. I call those good weekends :)

rwalters 03-02-2020 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4278831)

Full upper rack

Door

Cover

And another joins the MAK family! Man, MAK Daddy’s gonna have to buy a bigger house for all the new kids... lol.

KevinJ 03-02-2020 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4278831)

Full upper rack
Door
Cover

Woot woot! :whoo:

rm41400 03-02-2020 06:11 PM

+1 here

2 star
+Mobile Mak/Wifi
+Full & 3/4 upper rack

Thanks Crispy Bacon and rwalters for getting this going and everyone else! Appreciate the info along the way. I won’t lie it stung a little pulling the trigger on an expensive pellet grill since I’ve had little experience with them to date.

Customer service was great and Caleb was super cool! Counting the days now...

tom b 03-02-2020 06:18 PM

it is sounding like we are going to need a new appreciation thread...

Cangrats to all the new purchasers!

Robb must have some good commission credits stocked up for his next purchase

Johnny in L.A. 03-02-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4278833)
Only 8 cooks... man, I guess you haven’t had time.

I know, it's embarrassing. I tried ribs, and chicken, and then moved just to reverse-sear steaks because the cook is so short. I can make an awesome steak with the KBQ, searing it over the firebox. If I lived in the country and could sit out and drink some beers while tending the fire, I would enjoy that. Now, I'm just too busy with too many things to do. One day... :wink:

But with the MAK, that will change!