PK 360 question

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
For those that have a PK360, and have it decked out with a full set of GrillGrates, how many people would you say that you can comfortably grill for? I am specifically talking about using the entire cooking surface for grilling, not a 2 zone setup.

Or perhaps a better way to ask the question, how many people do you “grill” for on a regular basis using this method?

For those that have a PK360, and have it decked out with a full set of GrillGrates, how many people would you say that you can comfortably grill for? I am specifically talking about using the entire cooking surface for grilling, not a 2 zone setup.

Or perhaps a better way to ask the question, how many people do you “grill” for on a regular basis using this method?

MOD or ADMIN: Can you please move this to Q-Talk. Oops and sorry ;)

I guess it depends on what you are grilling. Here are some guesstimates :-D

Burgers - 12-16 depending on size
Sausages - 16-20
Steaks - 8 ribeyes, 9-12 strips, 12-16 filets
Pork chops - 8-10 bone in, 10-12 boneless
Chicken Breasts - Probably 8
Chicken thighs - 12-15
Chicken legs - 12-16

This is just based on my visually the size of these things on the grate surface of the 360, not actual experience. I haven’t had to cook for that many on my 360s yet.

Anyone here have a LARGE family and find that PK360 works just fine for them? Again, only talking direct grilling across the entire grate :)

I guess it depends on what you are grilling. Here are some guesstimates :-D

Burgers - 12-16 depending on size

Sausages - 16-20

Steaks - 8 ribeyes, 9-12 strips, 12-16 filets

Pork chops - 8-10 bone in, 10-12 boneless

Chicken Breasts - Probably 8

Chicken thighs - 12-15

Chicken legs - 12-16

This is just based on my visually the size of these things on the grate surface of the 360, not actual experience. I haven’t had to cook for that many on my 360s yet.

Super helpful! Thank you! Same size as a 22” kettle... do you find the shape to make it “feel” like there’s more room than a standard kettle?

Super helpful! Thank you! Same size as a 22” kettle... do you find the shape to make it “feel” like there’s more room than a standard kettle?

Since I haven’t filled the grate, it’s hard to comment for sure. Most of my cooks have been two steaks or two chops, or indirect.

I own a PK360 and have only cooked for 4, but there is plenty of room for burgers, and chicken breasts/thighs as well as veggies or toasting buns. Personally, I find the rectangle shape gives me more room and is easier to manage the cook, especially cooking direct and indirect.

I have a 360 and I've cooked 8 of the larger pre-made patties from Walmart. I probably could have squeezed a few more on there but I like to have a little bit of room around the meat. It is slightly smaller than the Kettle at 360 vs 363 sq inches but the rectangular shape makes two zone cooking much easier.

Back