The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Roadside vending (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49502)

Dr_KY 12-15-2008 01:36 PM

The UDS fits and there is plenty of room left over. :cool:

http://i37.tinypic.com/6zv4t0.jpg

Yakfishingfool 12-15-2008 05:12 PM

and a small diesel...definitely a great vehicle

Dr_KY 12-16-2008 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roo-B-Q'N (Post 801848)
Oh and your steering wheel is on the wrong side.

lol I Just put this sticker inside the drivers window as a reminder. :wink:

http://i36.tinypic.com/24fw9z9.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakfishingfool (Post 802291)
and a small diesel...definitely a great vehicle

It's an Izusu engine too. I thought it would a be a Chevy four banger being Vauxhall and all.

tony76248 12-16-2008 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_KY (Post 802673)
lol I Just put this sticker inside the drivers window as a reminder. :wink:

http://i36.tinypic.com/24fw9z9.jpg

It's an Izusu engine too. I thought it would a be a Chevy four banger being Vauxhall and all.

The Chevy diesels are all made by Isuzu these days. Apparently, they seem to be good ones too.

Dr_KY 12-16-2008 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony76248 (Post 802713)
The Chevy diesels are all made by Isuzu these days. Apparently, they seem to be good ones too.

See, I just learned something new today. :grin:

hossrocks 12-30-2008 09:52 PM

The last few month we have been looking for a location to set up and vend daily. Well, we found our location and we are setting up our rig next week in a permenant location. I've done the research on the location. It has about 15k cars that go by everyday during the winter months and nearly 25k in the summer. We will be set up next to a very busy fresh produce market that runs year round. We'll be open Wed-Sat to start from 11-7pm or until the food runs out. Wanna be there for lunch and early dinner crowd.
Our menu will be simple to start. Brisket, pulled pork, tri tip, sausage sammies and a cheeseburger. We plan to run nightly specials on meats by the pound with buns and sauce to go.
Our first day is the 7th of January. I'm a little nervous about vending in Jan much like smokinit. But we have to set up now if we want the location in the summer. I'll throw up some pics of our setup soon. I'll keep you all posted as to how its going. :-D

Bigmista 12-31-2008 01:20 AM

Congrats! Wish we could do that in Cali.

smokinit 12-31-2008 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hossrocks (Post 813035)
The last few month we have been looking for a location to set up and vend daily. Well, we found our location and we are setting up our rig next week in a permenant location. I've done the research on the location. It has about 15k cars that go by everyday during the winter months and nearly 25k in the summer. We will be set up next to a very busy fresh produce market that runs year round. We'll be open Wed-Sat to start from 11-7pm or until the food runs out. Wanna be there for lunch and early dinner crowd.
Our menu will be simple to start. Brisket, pulled pork, tri tip, sausage sammies and a cheeseburger. We plan to run nightly specials on meats by the pound with buns and sauce to go.
Our first day is the 7th of January. I'm a little nervous about vending in Jan much like smokinit. But we have to set up now if we want the location in the summer. I'll throw up some pics of our setup soon. I'll keep you all posted as to how its going. :-D

Ya grab that spot now and if you are next to a year round produce market you may have some winter traffic. I would not go overboard with quantities better to sell out at first than incurr alot of waist.Your first few weeks their stay open 4 or 5 days to get the feel for who is stopping in and when and make the adjust ment on days from there based on the weather. 7pm may be a bit to late in the winter to stay open but give it a shot. Best of luck and as always PM me with anything you need or if you want to talk by phone let me know.

Roo-B-Q'N 01-17-2009 01:18 PM

Bump

Quote:

Originally Posted by hossrocks (Post 813035)

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokinit (Post 813137)
Ya grab that spot now and if you are next to a year round produce market you may have some winter traffic. I would not go overboard with quantities better to sell out at first than incurr alot of waist.Your first few weeks their stay open 4 or 5 days to get the feel for who is stopping in and when and make the adjust ment on days from there based on the weather. 7pm may be a bit to late in the winter to stay open but give it a shot. Best of luck and as always PM me with anything you need or if you want to talk by phone let me know.

Bump!

What is going on out their Brothers? smokinit, I ran across your website earlier today, looks like you have taken the winter off from the roadside but are taking special orders.

Hossrocks, how goes the new spot? Got any pics to share?

And if I can ask a few questions, what do you guys, or anybody I guess, serve on a daily basis, do you have specials, how have you come to find out what your needs are. Did you just start out with X amount of food and close when you sold out?
Guess thos are enough for now. Just want to know how things are going?

Bigdog 01-17-2009 01:22 PM

Much less overhead doing business this way.

hossrocks 01-17-2009 01:32 PM

We still have the spot but we ran into some issues with the city and a special use permit. After two weeks of paper work, meetings and additional verbage to the permit I was told yesterday that we don't need a special use permit and all I have to pay is the $25 peddlers fee! I hate politics. With that solved we are setting up today and will begin serving the first of the week. I'll post pic later tonight of the set up.

smokinit 01-17-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hossrocks (Post 828399)
We still have the spot but we ran into some issues with the city and a special use permit. After two weeks of paper work, meetings and additional verbage to the permit I was told yesterday that we don't need a special use permit and all I have to pay is the $25 peddlers fee! I hate politics. With that solved we are setting up today and will begin serving the first of the week. I'll post pic later tonight of the set up.

Went through the same thing the planning board wanted to step in but the have no say over it since it is a mobile unit. Hope this could snaps leaves for you good luck. Keep us posted.

Pitbull 01-18-2009 12:09 PM

I've been dreaming about this for a long time and you guys are giving me additional inspiration. Over time I have buying gear to make it happen. My real plan was to do it after retirement, but it is kind of looking like my job might end this year, so I may be starting earlier than I thought. :eek:

Keep us updated on your progress....

smokinit 01-18-2009 12:31 PM

Take the plung we'll be here for ya.

Dr_KY 01-18-2009 12:50 PM

Still need a trailer/pit/cooker to use and money is too tight to invest at the moment.