The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brethren Road Trips (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Savannah Ga BBQ Joints (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291404)

SweetHeatBBQnSC 04-27-2021 10:06 AM

Savannah Ga BBQ Joints
 
The wife, mini me, and I are going to Savannah next month for the anniversary. While we are there we are definitely hitting up Paula Deans and the Pizza Place on the main stretch (excellent but can't remember the name). However, I know nothing about any good que places there. Any help on anything eateries or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

PatAttack 04-27-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetHeatBBQnSC (Post 4469876)
The wife, mini me, and I are going to Savannah next month for the anniversary. While we are there we are definitely hitting up Paula Deans and the Pizza Place on the main stretch (excellent but can't remember the name). However, I know nothing about any good que places there. Any help on anything eateries or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

Skip Paula Deen's and go to Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room. Trust me.

PM Brother Chad (cpw) from Yes, Dear BBQ. He'll tell you where to go for BBQ down there and have many other suggestions.

cpw 04-27-2021 01:49 PM

I'd agree with Pat, there's way better places than Paula Deen's to get southern food. Mrs. Wilkes is top of the list. Vinnie Van Go Go's I'm sure is the name of the pizza place you're thinking of, and it's excellent.


BBQ wise, Sandfly bbq on the southeast side of town is probably my favorite. Wiley's BBQ can be real good, but real bad also. There's a couple of new places downtown that I haven't been to yet: Savannah Smokehouse I've heard is decent, and there's a Place in the new Plant Riverside district that just opened up. It's right on the river so you'll have a great view but I can't say anything about the quality of the BBQ.



Hit me up if you need any other recommendations!

Gore 04-27-2021 06:20 PM

The best food we had was at Alligator Soul. We also went to Starland Yard for pizza as a recommendation and had a really enjoyable time there, and good pizza, but it is not in the center.

jj13 04-28-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw (Post 4469926)
I'd agree with Pat, there's way better places than Paula Deen's to get southern food. Mrs. Wilkes is top of the list. Vinnie Van Go Go's I'm sure is the name of the pizza place you're thinking of, and it's excellent.


BBQ wise, Sandfly bbq on the southeast side of town is probably my favorite. Wiley's BBQ can be real good, but real bad also. There's a couple of new places downtown that I haven't been to yet: Savannah Smokehouse I've heard is decent, and there's a Place in the new Plant Riverside district that just opened up. It's right on the river so you'll have a great view but I can't say anything about the quality of the BBQ.



Hit me up if you need any other recommendations!

We stopped by the Sandfly/Streamliner a couple years ago, passing through GA. Thought their food was delicious. Donít forget to get an order the the chicarrones.

cpw 04-29-2021 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gore (Post 4470007)
The best food we had was at Alligator Soul. We also went to Starland Yard for pizza as a recommendation and had a really enjoyable time there, and good pizza, but it is not in the center.


They have my wife's favorite shrimp and grits, and I haven't had a bad meal there either.


Went to Starland Yard for the first time a couple weeks back and really enjoyed it. It's a great concept.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.