Nemesis...My Homemade Vertical

Hawk77

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Just wanted to share some pics of a pit that I built in my garage. I have cooked on just about every type of smoker that I know of, but wanted one that was low maintenance and had some cooking capacity. I put 5 racks that are 24x24, with a slide in charcoal basket and ash pan. Fully insulated with 2" insulation. Runs perfect of the BBQ Guru Cyber Q. So far on the cooks I have done, the efficiency and heat retention have amazed me. I have some stainless steel handles still to add, just haven't had the motivation to battle the Texas Heat to put them on.

Attachments

• Nemesis 1.jpg
    Nemesis 1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 357
  • Nemesis 2.jpg
    Nemesis 2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 358
That's beautiful!! I agree with Suds on pics of the build process, would love to see how you did it!

I have a lot of pics of the build process. It was a learning process for me, and I didn't even know how to weld a year ago. It took me about 4 months just working on it in my spare time. I will try to figure out how to get the pics to post correctly, and post the rest. Thanks for the great comments.

Nice work!
8fa269b1ca39fb14685c4300430e853b.jpg
cc200e5d6a4002bd2b4a733c9c190c40.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looks really nice. More pics like others said.

I’d like to see more of the inside. How does heat and smoke transfer between two chambers?

Looks really clean on the outside. Great job.

I had a dream of learning to weld and build one like you did, but after finding a local builder, just bought one instead.

WOW that is impressive esp since you just learned how to weld Looking forward to your cooks

The pit itself is 48” tall, 29” deep, and 28” wide. It will hold 2 full size foil pans sideways per rack. I can also put two pans on the steel diffuser underneath the bottom rack to catch drippings or use as a water pan.

You have a very fine looking cooker there.I was in your city a few years ago for a vacation.We really enjoyed it.It would have been a better experience if we had known a local there to guide us to the REALLY good places to visit.Not just the tourist traps.You know,where the locals go.After we returned home we saw real,local places we did not know about on the Cooking Channel.Maybe we will make it back down there sometimes.You did a FINE job on that cooker.

Very nice! As other have said, would love to see more pics of the process. I am contemplating building one like this and would like to see how you went about it. Nice work!

Back