• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

NOVEMBER ***SPECIAL*** "Comfort Food" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) Lasts All Month!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new November Special Throwdown Category is...

Comfort Food!

TWKIH9D.jpg

This was R2Egg2q's entry in the 2018 Comfort Food Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. This is an open category, meaning you can cook anything you like that conforms to the category. Comfort food means different things to different folks - let's see some of yours!

Standard Throwdown rules apply.

3. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this TD only!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 11/1 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 12/2/19.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 12/2.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Arroz Chaufa - Peruvian Chinese Fried Rice

Please consider this tasty concoction as my official entry for the comfort food throwdown.

Arroz Chaufa is near and dear to many Peruvians:

Jasmine rice fried with some peanut oil, onion, garlic, ginger, egg, Chinese sausage, chicken, dash of Chinese 5 spice, white soy sauce, dash of sesame oil, topped with scallions...

Last edited:
Please consider this tasty concoction as my official entry for the comfort food throwdown.

Arroz Chaufa is near and dear to many Peruvians:

Jasmine rice fried with some peanut oil, onion, garlic, ginger, egg, Chinese sausage, chicken, dash of Chinese 5 spice, white soy sauce, dash of sesame oil, topped with scallions...

Not that I want to hijack the TD thread, but that sounds good! I'd love to learn more about the recipe and how you cook it!

Please use this photo as my second entry into the "Comfort Food" throwdown.

I used some Carne Crosta Steakhouse rub from Oakridge BBQ on a couple of nice thick ribeyes.
Then I grilled them to perfection and served them up with some smashed taters & gravy.

Attachments

• CFTD6.2.jpg
    CFTD6.2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 590
Back