Some Beef Ribs and some Pork Ribs

Cliff H.

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Threw on a rack of bb's and a couple of beef ribs from the bottom of the freezer. Beef ribs sure do shrink up a lot. I have yet to find some that are real meaty.

DSC03645.jpg

DSC03652.jpg

DSC03653.jpg

DSC03657.jpg

DSC03659.jpg

Looks good, musta been a nice meal. Yeah, they do seem to have a lot of fat.

They sure shaved down the meat on those ribs. You may need to get a bone-in rib roast and cut your own beef ribs. A 2 for 1 treat. Looks good though.:cool:

Something I will never do again, I ordered a rib roast (prime rib) and when I went to pick it up, the supermarket butcher brought out a cryopack and said he needed to trim it up to store standards. I took it to be a normal trim. I get to where I am cooking and he has trimmed all of the fat cap off, removed the flap and back cut the ribs until a one inch strip remained. What I have is a travesty. So I package back up and go complain, butcher says that I must be unfamiliar with meat and that is a normal prime rib, manager says I obviously took it home and he can do nothing for me. Enough of the rant, back to your regularly schedule thread.

Good loookin grub. Im ready to redeem my self on some spares. Those look tasty.

These are the onese u need to look for.
P8090581.jpg

P8090586.jpg

These were some I cooked a while back. thread on em floatin around somewhere. I cooked the other 4 bones out of the cryovac yesterday. Still got plenty of left overs. Tons of meat on em.

Back