The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Who's lighting up? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40755)

jdub 04-12-2008 12:16 AM

Who's lighting up?

Couple butts in to go to a spring fishing group get together tomorrow.
Me n ET 73 crawling in bed soon.

Solidkick 04-12-2008 12:22 AM

Well.....I thought I'd be smart and do a practice comp cook this weekend.......it's cold, the winds are blowing about 25 mph....I had a water line break for some unknown reason....and my nephew brings 2 additional butts to put on the cooker because it's going.....so much for the timing practice huh?

1-8 lb brisket flat
4-7-8 lb pork butts
6-slabs spares
3-slabs babybacks
14 chicken thighs

and I'm ready to go to sleep....

CaptGrumpy 04-12-2008 12:30 AM

I will be sparking up later this weekend!
Gotta do ribs for a halibut fishing trip early next week!
Gotta offer some stripped rib bones to the fishing gods!
Going to do some more work on the NB offset and I am almost ready to reseason it and put it back on line with the eggs!

Meat Burner 04-12-2008 12:52 AM

Kick, any chance you can make the Rock N Ribs at Bass Pro next weekend? (18th and 19th)

smokeandbeer 04-12-2008 06:52 AM

Just got up and starting the smoker right now for an 8lb brisket. Pron later....

Solidkick 04-12-2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meat Burner (Post 611918)
Kick, any chance you can make the Rock N Ribs at Bass Pro next weekend? (18th and 19th)

Not this year....we were going to cook it last year and couldn't get in, so we didn't even try this year. We've also considered that since I work for Bass Pro, that it would turn into one big party (NTTAWWT) but I'm afraid we wouldn't give it out best effort.

This weekend's practice cook is pretty much shot.......I'm a good 2 hours behind on where I like to be internal temp wise on the brisket.....it was just too windy and cold to stay out and get the pit temp locked in real good, so I figure with the wind, I had it dampered down too much to keep from running too hot. I should have just let it run hotter and allowed for more cooler time....as it is now, I don't think I'd make turn ins for pork or brisket with a quality product. I'd turn something in, but it would be lower third quality.

Solidkick 04-12-2008 02:09 PM

1 PM update.....

Well.....it didn't turn out as I expected.....pork and brisket broke loose and made the cooler time window. I would have made turn ins just fine.

Ribs, would have been iffy, I may have had 1 slab done enough to turn in....think I unwrapped a little soon.

chicken never got done in time....but didn't cook on the usual chicken cooker...that was my fault and never should have expected the same results.

I'm a little down, but hey hopefully I'll live to cook another day.....

capri man 04-12-2008 02:18 PM

i put my first brisket on this morning. i just wrapped it.:biggrin::biggrin:

BBQ Grail 04-12-2008 02:33 PM

Grilled chicken breasts and thighs that marinated in El Polo Loco (Knockoff) marinade since yesterday are going on the Weber Kettle a little later this afternoon.

icemn62 04-12-2008 03:58 PM

Going to Mista's meat market to see what I can score. I want some tacos next week so I am looking for a pork butt to smoke/shred for the meat.