The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Smoked Bologna and Ham. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273883)

WilliamKY 07-13-2019 08:30 PM

Smoked Bologna and Ham.

6 Attachment(s)
Disregard the Cherry Bomb ham. It's for greens or beans at a later date. The bologna was my focus. I coated the bologna with honey Dijon mustard and covered with Naturrific Hot wing seasoning. Smoked them 2hrs at 250-275 on the Weber 26 with cherry wood. I glazed the bologna with Mama Hamil's spicy BBQ sauce I got from mytmouz in a previous trade round. I love that sauce. I smoked some onions alongside as well.
A thick cut bologna sandwich on a CWB topped with onion, melted cheese, Mama Hamil's sauce, and some spicy sweet pickles on the side. It was great and definitely cleared my sinuses. Thanks for looking.

Titch 07-13-2019 08:35 PM

You could make me happy with that, hows the arteries?

Hoss 07-13-2019 08:55 PM

I have a feeling that we may be related.Smoked 'Loney sammiches are my signature cook.That looks AWESOME!:clap2:

InThePitBBQ 07-13-2019 09:10 PM

You ever see something that looks so good your next meal has to be on it's level? ~I'm going to need some bologna and spicy pickles tomorrow to get right again man that looks awesome William!

Hoss 07-13-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InThePitBBQ (Post 4205117)
You ever see something that looks so good your next meal has to be on it's level? ~I'm going to need some bologna and spicy pickles tomorrow to get right again man that looks awesome William!

Smoke it for a few hours like Wky did then slice it and grill it a minute or so on each side!Make the sammich.OH LAWWWDDDD!!!!

WilliamKY 07-13-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoss (Post 4205119)
Smoke it for a few hours like Wky did then slice it and grill it a minute or so on each side!Make the sammich.OH LAWWWDDDD!!!!

It's also excellent sliced and fried with eggs for breakfast. Put the bologna and egg on a biscuit, yes indeed.

Hoss 07-13-2019 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamKY (Post 4205122)
It's also excellent sliced and fried with eggs for breakfast. Put the bologna and egg on a biscuit, yes indeed.

YESSIR,or Cartwheels and Cackleberries,sunny side up! I am feeling it!

mike243 07-13-2019 09:46 PM

that looks great and thanks for the reminder, got some sliced and vac sealed in the freezer, going to go get it out for lunch tomorrow with a home grown tomato

Hoss 07-13-2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike243 (Post 4205130)
that looks great and thanks for the reminder, got some sliced and vac sealed in the freezer, going to go get it out for lunch tomorrow with a home grown tomato

Hard to beat a grilled ' Loney and mater sammich.I wish these "Yankee's" knew what we talking about.Not REALLY!

Smoke Dawg 07-13-2019 10:41 PM

This Yankee would put some serious hurt on that sammich!

InThePitBBQ 07-13-2019 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamKY (Post 4205122)

We make bologna every week along with some of the other traditional European sausages you see me post here every now and then, I went up and hacked off a few pounds gonna slice and fry it for breakfast along with some grits topped with poached eggs.

mikemci 07-13-2019 11:15 PM

That just looks like a meal fit for a king!!!
I love my SPAM, smoked, with a good rub, but gotta do this, for sure!!
Thank you for taking us along,on your great meal.