The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ham & Swiss stuffed bacon wrapped chicken & eating an apex predator! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248792)

blazinfire 07-04-2017 04:59 PM

Ham & Swiss stuffed bacon wrapped chicken & eating an apex predator!

5 Attachment(s)
Hello folks. I haven't been around for a week or so. Took a nice beach vacation! Tonight I'm enjoying the 4th at home so I decided to cook something on the WSM with a direct wood fire.

I read the alert about photobucket so I tried using Imgur. For some reason the forum error's when inserting the photo into the post. So I'll just upload the pictures through the forums for today.

I only made three bacon wrapped stuff chickens as it wasn't working out as planned. I planned to bacon weave it but there wasn't enough bacon and it wasn't wrapping tight like I wanted. Surprisingly it worked out better than expected. I wish I added an extra slice of swiss cheese to it but it was fine!

I also threw on 3 skewers of shrimp. Wish it was fresh shrimp from the beach but I picked these up from wally world. Seasoned them with lemon pepper and grilled them over direct fire until cooked.

Now A story about my beach trip! We chartered a boat to go offshore fishing. The weather was great, water conditions inland looked great so we headed out early, got about 7 miles out the water conditions changed and we were hitting 7-8 foot swells. All fishing boats started turning around so the captain said "Sorry guys but we have to turn around as this is pretty dangerous and its not gonna clear up. We can either take you back and not charge you for the day or go shark fishing"

Of course were ready to catch fish. We caught 3 black tip sharks that were under the legal limit so we released them. It was my turn to catch something I hooked onto a 200lb blacktip much longer than It put up a good fight. I fought it until I couldn't handle it anymore and passed it off to the next guy and he finished reeling it into the boat.

I've never ate shark before but I've heard good things about it. We split the meat between everybody. They say to soak it in milk and it pulls the ammonia as they urinate through their blood or something??? Not sure if that is a fact or not.

The fish is all muscle. Turns out its only slightly flaky and I think it tastes and feels like a pork chop.

Sorry for the long story. But next time I'll will be making it off shore. I ate some Mahi Mahi from a local restaurant there. Had it grilled, Best tasting fish I've ever ate!!

Next cook I do I plan on grilling some of the shark meat to share with you guys on the process! Look forward to it!

Oh yeah, on the way home went to the Zoo. Had the chance to feed Giraffes and as we were waiting in line to do i was snapping random pictures focusing on the giraffes. When we got home I discovered this gem of a photo of two kids feeding the Giraffe! I got a good kick out of it!

blazinfire 07-06-2017 09:09 AM

Well dang, first time I've ever had a thread fall off the face of the earth hahaha!

MisterChrister 07-06-2017 09:13 AM

Man, it sounds like you had a blast! The food looks awesome, and I'm more than a little jealous about your shark!

PatAttack 07-06-2017 09:34 AM

Shark is great if handled properly.

Sounds like y'all had a great time. The chicken and shrimp look stellar!

blazinfire 07-06-2017 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatAttack (Post 3827362)
Shark is great if handled properly.

Sounds like y'all had a great time. The chicken and shrimp look stellar!

I have a chunk of shark meat (roast style) that's from the neck portion. I also have filet strips from the better portion of the meat. I plan on frying the filet strips in the cast iron skillet and take the chunk slice it in half and grill it over a wood fire in the WSM. Should be interesting!

When I decide to cook it I'll make a full post on it.

BillN 07-06-2017 01:35 PM

Sweet looking cook and a nice fish. I love the texture of shark I'm sure you will enjoy it.

SmittyJonz 07-06-2017 06:01 PM

Oh Ya.! :thumb: