The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   BBQ Pitmasters (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208360)

chaostheory 04-12-2015 11:16 PM

BBQ Pitmasters

Just wondering if anyone knows if they are having another season of pitmasters this year?

Gary Tomato 04-13-2015 01:36 AM

Sometime in May, with some twists, http://press.discovery.com/us/da/pro...bq-pitmasters/

DevineSwine 04-13-2015 07:27 AM

I am kind of worn out on it. Its not really fun to watch anymore after it has become so game showish so to speak.

Ribeye Republic 04-13-2015 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevineSwine (Post 3213406)
I am kind of worn out on it. Its not really fun to watch anymore after it has become so game showish so to speak.

So sick of, oh oh #3 that's me, that's me....

Bludawg 04-13-2015 08:42 AM

I just Video myself & play it back I'm much more entertaining and informative

Coat 04-13-2015 08:53 AM

I'd like to see them do another season like the 1st season. I like both set ups, but it'd be nice to mix it up with another behind the scenes contest tour like season 1.

chingador 04-13-2015 08:56 AM

Little bit of heat. Little bit of sweet

tnfan47 04-13-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coat (Post 3213461)
I'd like to see them do another season like the 1st season. I like both set ups, but it'd be nice to mix it up with another behind the scenes contest tour like season 1.

Yea I usually re-watch those seasons when Myron and other pros participate in contests on netflix. Can't stand the recent layout of BBQ Pitmasters.

Coat 04-13-2015 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnfan47 (Post 3213465)
Yea I usually re-watch those seasons when Myron and other pros participate in contests on netflix. Can't stand the recent layout of BBQ Pitmasters.

Yep. I subject my wife to a season 1 marathon pretty regularly. Jonny Trigg threatening to whoop everybody, Myron cussin up a storm. It's classic.

Bamabuzzard 04-13-2015 09:22 AM

I think much like other reality shows, these things eventually run out of material that keeps viewer's interest. Look no further than Duck Dynasty. The show has evolved so much that if you go back and look at the shows that made the show exceedingly popular and compare it to what it is now. It's changed a lot. Nothing on tv is forever.

Richard1233 04-13-2015 10:31 AM

Lots of sweet with a little heat on the back end. They all say the same thing. They never give information u can't learn from smoking a couple times. I enjoy watching the Netflix ones cuz Johnny trig and Myron Mixon are awesome but hearing every new bbq enthusiast repeat the same thing on every show is worn out. More and more people now rolling with commercial bbq sauce blends like Johnny trig as well. Be innovative and do something different And I'll start watching again.

Bamabuzzard 04-13-2015 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard1233 (Post 3213510)
Lots of sweet with a little heat on the back end. They all say the same thing. They never give information u can't learn from smoking a couple times. I enjoy watching the Netflix ones cuz Johnny trig and Myron Mixon are awesome but hearing every new bbq enthusiast repeat the same thing on every show is worn out. More and more people now rolling with commercial bbq sauce blends like Johnny trig as well. Be innovative and do something different And I'll start watching again.

I think herein lies the problem. You get to a point with content that the next progression would be to start giving away secrets. Which we all know ain't gonna happen. Outside of people's personal information that distinguishes them from others, you're basically stuck talking about basic stuff that once you've covered it you've covered it. You run out of material pretty quick.

DriverWild 04-13-2015 11:51 AM

When they switched formats to include the "Sidewinder Challenge" and eliminate a team for cooking snake & etc. I lost interest. That being said, if there is nothing else on I would watch an episode.

Shiz-Nit 04-13-2015 01:55 PM

Hay its BBQ and or grilling related I enjoy the show. Do I like the 1st season better? Of course I do.... It is nice seeing some teams I have competed against on the show with a chance win some nice cash. I support BBQ Pitmasters and BBQ Wars.

Boston Smoker 04-13-2015 02:06 PM

I mostly watch to see what people are smoking on rather than listening about their "flavor profiles". That said, I do get sucked in and need to see who wins...