The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brethren Bashes (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Oklahoma Bash (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286776)

LYU370 10-29-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliding_billy (Post 4401320)
I nominate Jeanie to show up wearing a mask so we still can't see her face. :tape:

https://i.imgflip.com/31pr18.jpg

cowgirl 10-29-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliding_billy (Post 4401320)
I nominate Jeanie to show up wearing a mask so we still can't see her face. :tape:

Definitely! :thumb:

okiesmokie78 10-29-2020 01:45 PM

Seems like we have a lot of folks in the Tulsa area and quite a bit in the OKC area, with a handfull of us stragglers here and there. What would be a good central location everyone would be willing to travel to? I know for me, If Im going to Tulsa and making a full day out of it, I better have a place to lay my head for the night, lol!

4ever3 10-29-2020 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirl (Post 4401292)
I nominate Jeremy to host the bash! :razz:

Hooooollld on a minute ma’am :loco:

okiesmokie78 10-29-2020 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 4401267)
We need to pick a date and location. Also we must remain aware of how sketchy the weather is. May is usually good temperature wise, but also a bad month for planning due to graduations. June can be good as well.

Robert

Could even start as a Fall bash as long as we dont have any crazy weather like we did this past week! :shocked:

Robert 10-30-2020 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiesmokie78 (Post 4401369)
Could even start as a Fall bash as long as we dont have any crazy weather like we did this past week! :shocked:

I agree great idea. But first let's try to shoot for a Spring Bash. I think we are going to have to get some of the Tulsa area folks to help scout out and secure a location unless someone owns some acreage that would like to host.

Robert

okiej 11-01-2020 07:39 PM

I'd sure come if date is one I can make.

Happy Hapgood 11-02-2020 12:05 AM

I could make that Bash! May bring LuzziAnn if there is a hotel nearby where she could plug in her hot rollers. :grin: Once y'all decide on a location and date we'll look into it.

okiesmokie78 11-04-2020 12:31 PM

Gonna bump this a little! I don't know if its Election fear or Covid related but we sure aren't getting any traction on this thing.

Hotch 11-04-2020 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiesmokie78 (Post 4403871)
Gonna bump this a little! I don't know if its Election fear or Covid related but we sure aren't getting any traction on this thing.

Any luck with the BBQ Brethren map?

okiesmokie78 11-04-2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotch (Post 4403873)
Any luck with the BBQ Brethren map?

Looked at it and seen that our biggest concentration of folks is in Tulsa and OKC area. That being said Eufala would be fairly close to both, and the outliers like myself would just have to trek a little farther. Problem is that we've had more out of staters say that theyd be interested, than in state folks.

Hotch 11-04-2020 02:49 PM

If you have some that want to attend, go ahead and create a signup sheet so you know who will be going, maybe going or cancels.
I put the link in my signature line so it is easy to hit it!
(I have one for Texas. I can set one up for Ok if you like)
Pick a date and location.
Then post an Invite about 60 days out in the QTalk.
You can then work the post it the QTalk forum.
I've pm'd the ones on the BBQ Brethren map around the DFW area in years past to see if they were interested in attending.
Let me know if I can help. :mrgreen:

okiesmokie78 11-04-2020 03:48 PM

Thanks Hotch! Appreciate the help and insight!

Bill-Chicago 11-04-2020 05:03 PM

Hope Fatback Joe can make it so he can put up a video to "I'm Coming Home" on his Tik Tok page

LYU370 11-04-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiesmokie78 (Post 4403906)
Problem is that we've had more out of staters say that theyd be interested, than in state folks.

What's the problem? Sounds like people want to come out. I think Dennis has tried to get a SC bash going but has only had s few folks show up. I think the NM folks are about the same. STL had a good amount show up but then haven't had one since. The Ohio bash was rather surprising, whole bunch of people showed up for the first one.

I think when the Chicago bash started, there were very few people, heck we only get around 15 people every year and it's been going on for years. But it's a bunch of fun.