The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MAK Group Buy (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279141)

pjtexas1 03-01-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravelingJ (Post 4278400)
Is there a running total of how many people have snagged one on this deal?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sudsandswine 03-01-2020 09:17 PM

I guess I missed instructions for finding out the price / details?

rm41400 03-01-2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4276760)
MAK is really wanting to keep this Brethren deal to phone conversations only as this is not something they normally do. Would strongly encourage you to call Caleb at MAK and see what he can offer :)

Suds- What he said ^^^

It’s a nice deal

sudsandswine 03-01-2020 09:43 PM

Thanks...thread blew up on me and I’ve been too busy lately to keep up.

ssv3 03-01-2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinJ (Post 4278397)
If you ever buy one Sako you won't be disappointed, like the LSG vert you just know you got it right. :grin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4278398)
Reason?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3ac7bcab3f.gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dang if it wasn't for the Yoder I have already. :laugh:

TravelingJ 03-02-2020 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssv3 (Post 4278459)
Dang if it wasn't for the Yoder I have already. :laugh:

That's an awfully practical answer... :becky:

Jrogers84 03-02-2020 06:42 AM

Its a good deal. My wife showed me how much stuff we need since we just moved for work so i would be getting a divorce if I pulled the trigger.

YSR 03-02-2020 11:51 AM

I really appreciate this idea/effort and the expert advice. I've been considering adding a pellet cooker for some time, prefer to buy something that ranks among the best for performance and longevity. Had thought Yoder might fit the bill, but following this thread (plus a little more research) is putting me to a MAK state of mind.
I have two questions:
1) On the website, I see mention of the smoker box on the 2 star but the pictures don't have it shown. Is it included as a standard part of the 2 star?
2) Website shows $2,800 for the 2 star. I may have totally misremembered, but I thought it was at $2,500 last week. Can anyone set me straight?
Perhaps a poll can be used to give an idea of the impact this thread/offer is having (or will have) on MAK sales. I'd suspect there are others like me who are quietly slow to make a decision but have been strongly influenced by this thread...

Baychilla 03-02-2020 11:58 AM

When I checked last week the price was $2800 (prior to the "call for special pricing" mentions).

The 2 star has a small smoker box (its on the right side of the grill as you're facing the grill). That box would probably be fine for small things that don't need to hang. If you need more room they sell a larger cabinet type box that looks like it fits onto the existing box.

There's a video of the included box in use here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwYxJxrE1zY

YSR 03-02-2020 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baychilla (Post 4278658)
When I checked last week the price was $2800 (prior to the "call for special pricing" mentions).

The 2 star has a small smoker box (its on the right side of the grill as you're facing the grill). That box would probably be fine for small things that don't need to hang. If you need more room they sell a larger cabinet type box that looks like it fits onto the existing box.

There's a video of the included box in use here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwYxJxrE1zY

Thanks! I was expecting something bigger like the optional super smoker. Great use of the space.

4ever3 03-02-2020 12:29 PM

Been $2800 for a while now.

rwalters 03-02-2020 12:30 PM

MAK Group Buy

Quote:

Originally Posted by YSR (Post 4278655)
I really appreciate this idea/effort and the expert advice. I've been considering adding a pellet cooker for some time, prefer to buy something that ranks among the best for performance and longevity. Had thought Yoder might fit the bill, but following this thread (plus a little more research) is putting me to a MAK state of mind.
I have two questions:
1) On the website, I see mention of the smoker box on the 2 star but the pictures don't have it shown. Is it included as a standard part of the 2 star?
2) Website shows $2,800 for the 2 star. I may have totally misremembered, but I thought it was at $2,500 last week. Can anyone set me straight?
Perhaps a poll can be used to give an idea of the impact this thread/offer is having (or will have) on MAK sales. I'd suspect there are others like me who are quietly slow to make a decision but have been strongly influenced by this thread...

I think you hit the nail on the head with your last sentence. Not many will take a purchase like this lightly as it’s a significant investment for most. I know that I researched the heck out of the pellet grill market 3 years ago when I bought my first 2 Star. No matter how I sliced and diced the research, MAK clearly surfaced as the best option for me and those I cook for... and several years later that has very much proven to be the case. Was I crazy nervous prior to purchase/use... oh my, was I ever!! I look back now with zero regret.

To answer your questions:

The 2 Star has a stock cold smoke/warming box, but as already mentioned it’s not huge. If you need more volume, MAK does sell an add-on that sits right on top of the existing setup. It’s not cheap, but it you are gonna do a lot of cold smoking, it may be worth the additional investment.

As far as $2500 vs $2800... you must be having an early “senior moment”... lol. They have been at $2800 for awhile now. Prior to that, they were at $2700. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them tick up again soon.

Let us know if you have any additional questions. Those of us that cook on MAK’s are more than willing to share and help in anyway we can :)

GrantAshton 03-02-2020 01:47 PM

First post for a long time lurker.

Thanks so much for this thread. I spoke with Caleb today. Early next week I’ll be pulling the trigger on a 2 Star.

Prneum 03-02-2020 01:59 PM

I've been vising this forum for years and I started reading about pellet smokers a couple of weeks ago.
I have always grilled & smoked with charcoal and wood chunks and I had no knowledge about pellet smokers, until now.
Lots of research has led me here and after reading tons of info from you guys and after I saw this thread, I called and talked to Caleb this morning. We had a great conversation and you can really tell the customer service is great with this company.
Needless to say, I took advantage of the offer and I can't be more excited! I look forward to joining the MAK family!

rwalters 03-02-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrantAshton (Post 4278712)
First post for a long time lurker.

Thanks so much for this thread. I spoke with Caleb today. Early next week I’ll be pulling the trigger on a 2 Star.

Fantastic and welcome to the MAK family :)