The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   BBQ Chicken Pizza (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97444)

Wrench_H 12-20-2010 08:54 PM

BBQ Chicken Pizza

7 Attachment(s)
Pizzas are one of my favorite things to cook, and BBQ chicken is my favorite of them to make. I know we all have different ways of making them, but here is mine.

Toppings - Smoked chicken chopped finely with some bbq sauce added, cheddar and pepperjack cheese, cilantro, and bacon.

I get my dough from a local pizza shop and role it out as thin as possible.

Attachment 48531

Once I get a nice crisp char on one side, I flip and spread bbq sauce all over it.

Attachment 48532

Then I add a thick layer of chicken.

Attachment 48533

Lastly I put the cheese, cilantro, and bacon and cook until its all melted and the bottom is crispy.

Attachment 48534

Attachment 48535

Here is a pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, and mozzarella that I made with it.

Attachment 48536

Attachment 48537

This is usually a stand around the grill with firends drinking beer kind of meal, so its hard to take too many pictures without getting made fun of :doh:. Thanks for looking.

bigabyte 12-20-2010 09:12 PM

Looks mighty tasty!:cool:

willie 12-21-2010 05:15 AM

i'd hit the chicken pizza!!!

Phubar 12-21-2010 05:19 AM

Looking good Wrench!

bluetang 12-21-2010 06:15 AM

Fine pies ya got going on there!

blackdog043 12-21-2010 09:57 AM

That looks mighty tasty!!! I have an idea for you, if you haven't tried it yet. Buffalo chicken pizza. I don't make pizzas but we used to get this at a place till they closed. Top your crust with ranch dressing, coat your chicken in a wing sauce, put that on and then top with cheese. Let me know if you make it and how it comes out.

Wrench_H 12-21-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackdog043 (Post 1489908)
That looks mighty tasty!!! I have an idea for you, if you haven't tried it yet. Buffalo chicken pizza. I don't make pizzas but we used to get this at a place till they closed. Top your crust with ranch dressing, coat your chicken in a wing sauce, put that on and then top with cheese. Let me know if you make it and how it comes out.

I'm a big fan of Buffalo chicken pizza too. I actually tried a version of this recently with bleu cheese instead of ranch. Something just wasn't right with it. I'm not sure what it was, but I'm certainly planning to try again.

Big George's BBQ 12-21-2010 10:12 AM

I would definately hit those

blackdog043 12-21-2010 10:34 AM

I think the ranch will compliment the chicken better than blue cheese.

Zak 12-21-2010 10:52 AM

So that's just a gas grill huh? what temp do you run it at and do you leave it open or closed while it cooks? I've been wanting to make a pizza at home but don't have a stone and never thought of the grill.

Groundhog66 12-21-2010 10:57 AM

Looking good, I need to make pizza soon.

Wrench_H 12-21-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zak (Post 1489955)
So that's just a gas grill huh? what temp do you run it at and do you leave it open or closed while it cooks? I've been wanting to make a pizza at home but don't have a stone and never thought of the grill.

Yep this is done on my old gas grill. If I'm doing a lot of them I use coals, but I hate to burn so many for 20 minutes of cook time. The front burners on my gasser no longer work, so this works perfect on it. Normally I would turn one side on high and one on low. Let it sit on high, and then flip to the low side while you let everything melt and then back to high to crisp up the bottom. I call this a pizza, but truthfully it is more like a flatbread than a pizza. The dough is so thin that it doesn't matter if it is open or closed as long as you can get the cheese melted which happens much faster closed.

Mister Bob 12-21-2010 12:38 PM

Those are some really tasty looking pizzas! Nice work! :thumb: I love the little bit of char and the super thin crust.

Jonny Rotisserie 12-21-2010 01:40 PM

Those are some great looking pizzas! You have given me some good inspiration. Not quite sure how I will get it on the rotisserie, though. Ah, could be a good Rib-o-Lator moment, but those would be some weird lookin' pies.

One suggestion if you haven't tried it: spaghetti sauce, feta cheese, oregano (of course), and then whatever else like garlic, onions, mushrooms, maybe olives or spinach or sausage. I used to make those in the toaster oven using tortillas as the crust. Super easy and mmm...yummy.

chambersuac 12-21-2010 01:47 PM

oh man, those look excellent.