The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Wet Saturday Pork Rib Roast (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150899)

chingador 01-05-2013 02:39 PM

Wet Saturday Pork Rib Roast

Well, the weather is pretty nasty in the Houston area today. Texans kick off in an hour and it is probably a 50/50 proposition of whether they will win today, or even play well. With that in mind, I am going to brave the elements and smoke a rib roast. Was going to use the UDS, but decided to use the Primo instead (poor me). Going to put is on around kickoff and have it ready by the end of the game.

Also going to smoke some almonds later. Making a batch of liquid gold right now (garlic infused olive oil, which I use on just about everything).

Waiting for the smoke to clean up and the roast has been seasoned and getting happy since early this am.

chingador 01-05-2013 03:32 PM

the roast is on the pit and the olive oil is out of the oven. I roast garlic cloves in olive oil for about an hour at 325 or until the garlic is golden color, take out of the oven, allow to cool, then strain the solids and bottle the oil. The garlic cloves can be saved for other recipes. The oil is awesome. I use on steaks, fish, chicken, vegetables, or just about anything else. Good stuff.

Roast is on the pit.

Oldbob 01-05-2013 03:45 PM

Lookin Good...I need to try that Olive/Garlic Oil Trick...Thanks !!

BBQ_Steve 01-05-2013 05:55 PM

Lookin' good. It is a nasty day in Houston and hopefully the Texans will pull it off. Have a small brisket going while watching the game.

chingador 01-05-2013 07:02 PM

came out really good. Smoked until the dead center hit 140, glazed and took to 145, pulled and rested. Was very juicy and delicious. Not the last time I cook one of these. Almonds are on the smoker right now.

gtr 01-05-2013 07:47 PM

Nice!

Captain Dave 01-06-2013 06:00 AM

No one cares about the almonds

code3rrt 01-06-2013 06:52 AM

very nice looking rib roast!

Texas Turtle 01-06-2013 07:10 AM

So, whereabouts in the Houston SMSA did you find that cut of pork? I have been looking all over and I can't find anything like that. All they have is a bone-in pork loin, which has the tenderloin removed. I am looking for something like what they serve at Perry's steakhouse. They call it a pork chop, but what it is is a 3-bone pork rib roast.

campdude 01-06-2013 07:41 AM

Very nice looking pork roast.:clap:

chingador 01-06-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Turtle (Post 2318684)
So, whereabouts in the Houston SMSA did you find that cut of pork? I have been looking all over and I can't find anything like that. All they have is a bone-in pork loin, which has the tenderloin removed. I am looking for something like what they serve at Perry's steakhouse. They call it a pork chop, but what it is is a 3-bone pork rib roast.

I got it at Costco on I-10 and Bunker Hill. Not a terribly long run from Fulshear as Houston standards go. Yes, I have eaten at Perry's several times and have had the pork chop. This is the exact same thing as far as I can tell. Very flavorful. Just make sure you take off of the pit before the internal goes past 150.