The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MAK Group Buy (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279141)

4ever3 03-02-2020 09:04 PM

Cookinpellets?

Never heard of them, I’m off to the gurgle...

rwalters 03-02-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4278972)
Cookinpellets?

Never heard of them, I’m off to the gurgle...

If you go with Cookin’ Pellets order a mini bulk order direct from Cookin’ Pellets website. Shipped direct to your door and although they are not the cheapest pellet, the bulk order provides much better pricing than anywhere else, including Amazon. BUT, check out the reviews on Amazon and you’ll get an idea of the love people have for CP.

noeldavid 03-02-2020 09:22 PM

To buy either CookinPellets or Lumberjacks search your local Craigslist, Offerup or Facebook Marketplace for deals from pellet grill owners who buy ib bulk pallets of pellets to save money. In the DFW area I can get 0.50 cents per pound Lumberjacks ( $20 for 1 40 pound bag) and 0.63 cents per pound of CookinPellets (5 bags of 40 pounds for $25 each.

rwalters 03-02-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4278878)
And I already knitted my pair of Mak undies. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pics or we won’t believe you... [emoji13]

LordRiffenstein 03-03-2020 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baychilla (Post 4278821)
Green Mountain, Traeger or HomComfort. Not much.

I've used Green Mountain pellets in my Yoder and really enjoy them.

JJJBBQ 03-03-2020 08:15 AM

Had a question about searing on the Mak. Asked this question on the pellet smoker thread. Someone had mentioned just using Grill Grates over the fire pot instead of the Flame Zone for searing. Anyone else have experience with this? Seems like a much more cost effective strategy. Any drawbacks to this approach? Smaller grill zone depending on size of the Grill Grates?

JJJBBQ 03-03-2020 08:17 AM

Whoops. Brent answered my question. Sorry about the duplicate question.

rwalters 03-03-2020 12:35 PM

Just spoke with Caleb from MAK Grills. At this point we have 9 Brethren that have joined the MAK family :) If anyone else is sitting on the fence, ya might want to give Caleb a call before this opportunity disappears. No pressure whatsoever as this really is a significant investment. That said, this is also a rare opportunity if you are at all in the market for a premium pellet grill.

4ever3 03-03-2020 01:34 PM

I’m going to give him a break till he closes the bbqb deal then I’m gonna start buggin’ him about a MiniMAK .

rwalters 03-03-2020 01:49 PM

MAK Group Buy

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4279166)
I’m going to give him a break till he closes the bbqb deal then I’m gonna start buggin’ him about a MiniMAK .

Been there done that... lol.

“Great progress has been made and it’s coming along nicely.”

“Won’t be much longer.”

MAK Grills is known to stay tight lipped til the unveiling of a new product. I really think they enjoy the torture aspect of it. Kinda messed up, eh?!?! [emoji37]

Best I can tell, the wait is “almost” over... but I’ve been saying that for what seems like 3 years... [emoji849]

Prneum 03-03-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4279157)
Just spoke with Caleb from MAK Grills. At this point we have 9 Brethren that have joined the MAK family :) If anyone else is sitting on the fence, ya might want to give Caleb a call before this opportunity disappears. No pressure whatsoever as this really is a significant investment. That said, this is also a rare opportunity if you are at all in the market for a premium pellet grill.

That is really cool! The opportunity was really worth it for me and I'm sure the other eight Brethren too.

jstrand 03-03-2020 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4279174)

“Won’t be much longer.”

MAK Grills is known to stay tight lipped til the unveiling of a new product. I really think they enjoy the torture aspect of it. Kinda messed up, eh?!?! [emoji37]

Best I can tell, the wait is “almost” over... but I’ve been saying that for what seems like 3 years... [emoji849]

Pretty sure it has been 3 years! I feel bad for all those people that have wanted to purchase one.
The MiniMak is the Chupacabra of pellet grills! :laugh:

Baychilla 03-03-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstrand (Post 4279213)
Pretty sure it has been 3 years! I feel bad for all those people that have wanted to purchase one.
The MiniMak is the Chupacabra of pellet grills! :laugh:

It sneaks around in the dark of night and drains your chickens/goats of all their blood?

jstrand 03-03-2020 04:17 PM

:laugh:
More like heard of but never seen.

4ever3 03-03-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4279174)

“Won’t be much longer.”

That won’t stop me from calling 11 or 9 times a day :mrgreen:

Well? Three Weber’s listed, three Weber’s sold, when the MAK gets here I’ll sell the GMG!

Dinner table conversation last night...

Me “Well, three grills gone, and a new one on the way. When that one gets here and I get it running I’ll sell the GMG. Then when this kitchen remodel is done I’m going to build an offset and I’ll be done for a while...”

Mrs. 4ever3 “(silent eye roll)”

I took that as a yes, the planning has begun!