The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cattle Call !!! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hello, self introduction (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293006)

scythefwd 07-13-2021 11:31 PM

Hello, self introduction

New here. Im in KS, or will be shortly. Currently own a wsm 22.5 (and with a pan it's basically a 20" grill) and a blackstone 36".

Looking forward to learning here and there and finding good recipes. The WSM doesn't get much use, thanksgiving and a big smoke that feeds the fam for a couple weeks in the summer. The blackstone is seeing a bunch of use right now... Had it about a week and a half and it's already been used 4-5 times and we're making meal plans that revolve around cooking on the blackstone.

I'm not seeing a section here for hardware modifications to improve performance of our outdoor cooking uhh.. things? Can someone point me in the right direction?

oldgfbbq 07-14-2021 01:11 AM

Hello and Welcome. There may be an easier way, but when I want to find a specific topic, I plug something like this into a Google search. --> blackstone site:bbq-brethren.com
Ie looking for blackstone stuff. You could also put "blackstone" in the search bar at the bottom of the page, which also limits the search to this site.

TC Smoke & Que 07-14-2021 05:41 AM

Welcome to the Brethren!!
You will find a wealth of Knowledge here and great guys who are willing to share that info. There are several thread on mods to the WSM 22 and the Blackstone, and the recipes that are posted would make for a multiple edition set of cook books!!

Ron_L 07-14-2021 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scythefwd (Post 4494957)

I'm not seeing a section here for hardware modifications to improve performance of our outdoor cooking uhh.. things? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Welocme to the Brethren Alan!

I moved this thread to the Cattle Call section, which is where folks post their introductions.

Each section of the forum has a description that you can use to determine where to post. If you're still not sure after reading the description, please message one of the moderators. Our names are in green.

The QTalk section is for all things related to outdoor cooking, and even cooking in general. There is a Google search box near the bottom of each page that is available for everyone to use to search for specific topics. You can also subscribe to the forum to gain access to the built in search function, expanded signatures and a bunch of other features. The details are at the link.

long haired hippie 07-14-2021 09:38 AM

Welcome to the zoo!!

bluetang 07-14-2021 05:10 PM

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Titch 07-14-2021 06:23 PM

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Mostly a friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

ShadowDriver 07-14-2021 07:43 PM

Welocme! You've come to the right place.

rwalters 07-15-2021 04:30 AM

Welcome to the Brethren :)

frognot 07-22-2021 07:18 PM

Welcome aboard Alan!

cowgirl 07-22-2021 08:22 PM

Welcome Alan!