• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Review of the InkBird BBQ GO Fast Read Thermometer.

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
KenInk asked me to do an honest review of this product for the BBQ Brethren.

He also wants me to do a review of the new Wi-Fi 4 probe temperature thermometer. More to follow in a separate review on that one later in another post.

I have reviewed several of their products. The Wi-Fi Sous Vide, the 6 probe thermometer and the 4-probe thermometer.

Disclaimer: KenInk understands that I will always give an honest review and wants it that way. I did receive these items free of charge but that has no influence on my actual perception.

Previous reviews of InkBird products:
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275794

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271147

Could not find the 4-probe review.

The BBQ GO is a pocket quick read thermometer. BG-HH1C. Pictured here with the new Wi-Fi 4 probe unit. I put a Thermapen beside it for comparison. The BBQ GO is the Red one.

kbnet8t.jpg

I will be using this unit to verify the 4 probe Wi-Fi unit later.

Impressions:

1. This unit reads in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
2. It uses a CR1632 button battery which is not included.
3. The unit can be calibrated +/- 5*F and +/- 3*C. I calibrated this one -1.7*F before I took the above pic.
4. After 10 minutes of non-use the unit will go into a standby mode. If a sudden temp change is detected it will reactivate or you can press the button to restart.
5. Hold button will hold the current reading if you have meat in the back of a smoker and cannot see the display.
6. Range: -58*F to 572*F. Accuracy: +/- 2*F or +- 1*C. Read time 0.5 seconds. Warranty 2 years.
7. No back light for display.

Take away so far. A well built unit and at the price point would be hard to beat.

Will use it when I review the Wi-Fi 4 Probe unit.

Thanks for lookin'.

It's good to have options. I might recommend it to someone that doesn't want to spend $$$ on the Thermapen. I do love my Thermapens though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

It's good to have options. I might recommend it to someone that doesn't want to spend $$$ on the Thermapen. I do love my Thermapens though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

It's good to have options and I think this unit is aimed at folks who do not want to spend alot on an accurate thermometer. This one is indeed accurate.

How fast does it read? (you are showing .5 seconds- but that can't be right- must be that the unit updates temp every 1/2 second)

You say the battery is not included? CR1632 is not a super oddball battery- you can buy it at HD or Lowes- but they are about $5.00 a piece. I'm not sure how long the battery will last- but If I bought the Thermo off Amazon, I probably get a multi-pack of batteries at the same time.

I have an older Taylor digital- it works but is slower than Xmas to show a final temp- I have to pull a chunk of meat to the side of the grate to keep from burning myself. (ok- I *could* wear a glove but why? I'd rather go sans glove and have a faster reading to save my fingers.)

I'm not temping dozens of pieces of meat- so a super duper fast is not needed. If the BBQ Go gives a good, quick reading in 3-5 seconds, I'd be all over it.

ModelMaker - It's $9.99 on Amazon.....I just picked one up. I have been pretty happy with all of KenInk's products thus far. I may have to snag the sous vide unit as well!

How fast does it read? (you are showing .5 seconds- but that can't be right- must be that the unit updates temp every 1/2 second)

You say the battery is not included? CR1632 is not a super oddball battery- you can buy it at HD or Lowes- but they are about $5.00 a piece. I'm not sure how long the battery will last- but If I bought the Thermo off Amazon, I probably get a multi-pack of batteries at the same time.

I have an older Taylor digital- it works but is slower than Xmas to show a final temp- I have to pull a chunk of meat to the side of the grate to keep from burning myself. (ok- I *could* wear a glove but why? I'd rather go sans glove and have a faster reading to save my fingers.)

I'm not temping dozens of pieces of meat- so a super duper fast is not needed. If the BBQ Go gives a good, quick reading in 3-5 seconds, I'd be all over it.

I tried it on some microwaved leftovers and it took about 3 seconds. Going to grill steaks later. Will test it then too.

Thank you for including pictures where we can see origin of manufacture. While it may not matter for some, it does for me.

Agree nothing to hide. Theroworks are made in England for example including the Thermapen.

England??? I didn't know I was relying on a bunch of dadgum Redcoats for my temp monitoring needs! Time to go make a Youtube video of me burning all of my Thermoworks gear.

Tried the BBQ GO thermometer under actual conditions tonight. Had a pleasant surprise with the magnetic back. Really strong.

bOxdBc8.jpg

Also It is accurate. Read meat temp between 2-5 seconds depending on the range it has has to travel. For the price hard to beat.

tjZxWlV.jpg

PS. Steaks were Great!

Last edited:

The battery is about $5. But it's Lithium and the unit has auto-off when not in use. Should last longer than a battery in a car FOB key.

Tell your connect that at least one of your influential colleagues would like to see a remote thermo that does not talk, has no settings except to calibrate, and basically is a plain thermometer which can be read remotely. In other words, no bells, no whistles, just good solid value.

seattlepitboss

Last edited:
I got mine for about $12, and I was just comparing. At that price I'll pick it up. I got a big drawer full of them, and it can always use one more.

Back