The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Food Handling and Awareness (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Stainless steel? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87619)

Brian in So Cal 06-30-2010 02:49 PM

Stainless steel?

I met a guy on a job I was on and he does Stainless steel fabrication. He said he could do anything I needed and it souunds like a he has good prices.

My question's are, Can I have something made and it still pass NSF or health dept? Does it have to be stamped?

Thanks,
Brian

Bbq Bubba 06-30-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian in So Cal (Post 1324758)
I met a guy on a job I was on and he does Stainless steel fabrication. He said he could do anything I needed and it souunds like a he has good prices.

My question's are, Can I have something made and it still pass NSF or health dept? Does it have to be stamped?

Thanks,
Brian

Are you talking about a smoker?

Depends on how strict your HD is. I got away without a stamp on the Lang but hear other states are pretty strict for the stamps.

Brian in So Cal 06-30-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba (Post 1324839)
Are you talking about a smoker?

Depends on how strict your HD is. I got away without a stamp on the Lang but hear other states are pretty strict for the stamps.

Hey Bubba,

I was thinking more on the lines of prep table, Triple sink set up, etc.

Thanks

Bbq Bubba 06-30-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian in So Cal (Post 1324897)
Hey Bubba,

I was thinking more on the lines of prep table, Triple sink set up, etc.

Thanks

Then no, the more you use, the happier they are!

vesteroid 06-30-2010 08:05 PM

I would be curious to see a real price comparison between what you can buy ready made and custom from this guy. The reason I say this is I have been in the metal fab business for 26 years now, and making one offs (at least for me) never seem to compete in price to what the mass producers are doing.

If you ever get that far, post up some comparisons if you dont mind

Brian in So Cal 06-30-2010 08:29 PM

Vesteroid,

Unfortunatly for me I need a specific size's that I can't get from a mass producer. Believe me I have tried.

Norcoredneck 07-14-2010 11:27 AM

Buy one with NSF and have him cut it down leaving the NSF marking.:twisted:

C Rocke 07-14-2010 11:45 AM

Need the NSF stamp or sticker if the HD will be involved...

cycle1667 07-14-2010 02:03 PM

You might check the used restaurant supply places to see if there is a sink that you could modify. It could end up being allot cheaper.
Craiglist
ebay
you know.