The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   One Ugly Drum Smoker (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69335)

Steve_B 09-20-2009 08:24 PM

One Ugly Drum Smoker

5 Attachment(s)
But it sure made for some good eatin'. It's my first, next one will be more presentable.

Maiden cook was a tritip. Temps held steady for me, just like you guys said they would.

Dear wife said she wouldn't eat anything cooked in that ugly old thing, but guess what, she did!

Kudos to all who post here, but gotta say I owe you a cold one NorcoRedNeck, your post got me started. No turnin' back now!

Norcoredneck 09-20-2009 08:30 PM

Congrats on the successful cook.

STUMPY1 09-20-2009 08:35 PM

that thing looks good man... the food and the drum... lol

Meat Burner 09-20-2009 08:35 PM

Steve, there is nothing ugly about that smoker to me...it's beautiful. And, that tri-tip looks AWSOME! Sound to me like you won one with the wifey. Keep that kind of grub on the table and she will build one. LOL

Sizzlepig 09-20-2009 08:42 PM

Great job and congratulations on a work of art. That tri-tip looks amazingly perfect. I cooked on mine for the first time yesterday. All I can say is wow, what a wonderful invention. I am already planning my next build.

peaspurple 09-20-2009 09:20 PM

I think shes pretty!

Phubar 09-21-2009 06:31 AM

Purty ugly drum right there.

1FUNVET 09-21-2009 09:12 AM

Nice job on the drum and the chow.

vr6Cop 09-21-2009 09:18 AM

Nice drum. Keep it ugly to mess with the neighbors and your wife, because nothing that good could come off something that ugly!

Keep it up! :cool:

Desert Dweller 09-21-2009 09:38 AM

That is one sweet looking tri-tip my friend! Nothing wrong with that smoker either, looks like it's supposed to look. Did ya forget what the U in UDS stands for? LOL

HARRYSTOWN 09-21-2009 10:09 AM

He doesnt know his smoker's sexy...

Sizzlepig 09-21-2009 11:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I tricked my wife in to thinking that my UDS wasn't ugly by painting it with cheap stove paint. To keep it ugly I made sure that I had some runs in the paint and I eyeballed the placement of the handles on the lid. They are a little uneven

Steve_B 09-21-2009 08:45 PM

Thanks Guys! You're right, so.................
She was born Ugly, she's gonna stay Ugly!

vr6Cop, I LMAO!

Desert Dweller, you're right, I almost did.

HARRYSTOWN, You ought to see what my grandkids refer to as GrandPa's Old Red Farm Truck!

Sizzlepig, Is that lid an old parabolic dish antenna? A couple a beers will fix the handles looking uneven. LOL

1FUNVET, Thanks. I'm almost afraid to ask, but, 1FUN as in Corvette or maybe Veteran?

Phubar, Yep, no arguments from me. Sure like the work you've done on yours, they look great!

peaspurple, Thanks, unique screen name you got there!

STUMPY!, Thanks for the kind comment!

Meat Burner, Thank You! But if I ever catch your dog around my smoker....... Thanks for your many helpful posts.

Norcoredneck, Your tutorial got into this. I'm havin' a blast, Thank You!

Only one more thing I'm going to do to this Ugly Drum Smoker, the same thing I do with my rifles. She's gotta have a name so I can tell her apart from the other ones that are bound to show up.

Any ideas?

Meat Burner 09-21-2009 09:33 PM

Name - Hollow Point.

Steve_B 09-21-2009 09:55 PM

I Like It!