Who in the Midwest

Burnt to a T

Full Fledged Farker
builds custom smokers that can compete with the better known.

I'm looking at insulated vertical cabinets reverse flow or gravity fed or any other variation. Not looking for stick burners or pellet.

I live Iowa, and I just don't see any close. I've been eyeballing Humphrey's, LSG, Deep South, Southern Q, and many others. I just would like to know of any other builders in the mid west you have had good luck with.

I won't be doing comp cooks, but want to be able to move it on black top gravel or grass if need be. I will be cooking for less than 10 most the time, but also need room for 25-50 people a few times a year. Pretty sure I know about what size I need thanks to a few of the people I have spoken with to this point.

Spinewines are really nice.

The builders don't reside in the Midwest, but there is a humphries dealer in St Louis, I believe? I think there's a couple Midwest places that stock backwoods too.

It might be worth your time to go to the St. Louis BBQ Store. They handle Memphis, BWS, GMG, Humphreys, Meadow Creek, Blaz'n Grills, and Cookshack. As others have stated, Spicewine in Columbia makes a nice smoker.

Shoot, boy, we drive farther than that in Texas to get a Whataburger. :becky:

My sister lives in Austin. Too bad all she has is a bike. I'm looking for builders in the Midwest. I know about most of the popular brands everyone else knows about. I was just looking for people that started like Shirley Fab but for cabinets.

I just thought some people may have bought a custom from a fab shop that does a really good job that isn't a huge name yet.

Back