The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Heavy Duty Injector. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286810)

Pa_BBQ 10-29-2020 01:20 PM

Heavy Duty Injector.

I am looking for a heavy-duty injector that will last me for years, anyone have any good recommendations.
I am looking at this from Amazon, its pricey but if it does the job and last may be worth it.

SpitJack Magnum

Ron_L 10-29-2020 01:22 PM

I have a Spitjack and it is great, but you are right, it is pricey. It I were buying today I would look at this one from Butcher BBQ...

https://www.thebbqsuperstore.com/pro...bb-acc-a07.htm

Killa J 10-29-2020 01:46 PM

I use Killer Hogs BDI, it works really well. Looks like they’ve discontinued it and replaced it with a slightly different model that’s out of stock. If you’re doing anything big or just injecting a lot, there’s a brand that makes one with 4 needles that pumps up like a weed sprayer.

The one from Killer Hogs has a tube that goes into the injection liquid instead of filling up the syringe. Makes it really easy to inject a lot of liquid.

70monte 10-29-2020 02:18 PM

I have the SpitJack Magnum and really like it. It should last for years.

Smokin Dawg77 10-29-2020 02:53 PM

check out Pro shot injectors , we are comp team an its been though 1 entire season still going strong

toys4dlr 10-29-2020 03:12 PM

Also look for vet supplies online For the Automatic Syringe (50ml), Metal Body with Luer Lock head. I like the 14 gauge disposable needles for injecting.

Mlhunter 10-29-2020 03:29 PM

I’ve tried most of all the best is spitjack hands down

Timmy Mac 10-29-2020 11:11 PM

Not a fan had 2 of them and they both broke. 1 lasted a year the other maybe 6 times. Wanted 40 dollars for parts and shipping that could of fit in a small envelope!

EGoldstein 10-29-2020 11:38 PM

I have owned the Spitjack for over 8 years and it works great. Well worth the price and works just like it was new.

mph33 10-30-2020 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killa J (Post 4401335)
I use Killer Hogs BDI, it works really well. Looks like theyíve discontinued it and replaced it with a slightly different model thatís out of stock. If youíre doing anything big or just injecting a lot, thereís a brand that makes one with 4 needles that pumps up like a weed sprayer.

The one from Killer Hogs has a tube that goes into the injection liquid instead of filling up the syringe. Makes it really easy to inject a lot of liquid.

theyve had a lot of problems out of their injector. 3 injectors in 2 months, none work for me. very disappointing. Malcom is a stand up guy. im sure he'll be selling a much better product soon.

SmoothBoarBBQ 10-30-2020 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mph33 (Post 4401599)
theyve had a lot of problems out of their injector. 3 injectors in 2 months, none work for me. very disappointing. Malcom is a stand up guy. im sure he'll be selling a much better product soon.

I had the same issue with the one I bought from Malcom's store. No matter what I did somehow I'd get air trapped inside the hose and then the pump refused to do much of anything. I used it maybe 4 times and got pissed off and threw it in the trash...every single time it would work for the first 1 or 2 briskets, and then by the time I got to the third it would stop working. It was also kind of a chore in terms of cleaning and storing...it looked great but mine was a dud.

GrassRun 10-30-2020 07:38 AM

Iíve used Beast Injector brand for a few months and like it. Canít comment about longevity yet, but so far so good!

PatAttack 10-30-2020 07:49 AM

Spitjack for the win.

Had one for a decade and not a single issue.

Pa_BBQ 10-30-2020 07:56 AM

Thanks everyone I ordered the spitjack.

Killa J 10-30-2020 08:22 AM

Well that doesn’t bode well for my injector. I’ve probably only used it 4 or 5 times because I rarely inject, but I guess I’ll find out if it holds up or not.