The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Fab b (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23563)

Transformer BBQ 10-24-2007 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leanza (Post 485124)
Serious question here....I put together a mix of FAB-B and did'nt use it all. I put the balance in a plastic bag a put it in the freezer to use for later. Was that wise?

It could explode... I'd be careful.

(non serious answer)

Sledneck 10-24-2007 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ (Post 485489)
Hey now that sounds good. We should give it a name. How about Bacon Piñata ?

i thnk they were named "tidbits" by the local rag

backyardchef 10-24-2007 11:47 AM

I've got it! We'll call them A.B.T.

A Bacon Tidbit.

Ingenius.....Thanks, Sled!

Jorge 10-24-2007 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ (Post 485489)
Hey now that sounds good. We should give it a name. How about Bacon Piñata ?

You should try smoking those, freezing them, and then using some of that PoonDog batter and drop them in the fryer. I think you'll like them.

YankeeBBQ 10-24-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorge (Post 485540)
You should try smoking those, freezing them, and then using some of that PoonDog batter and drop them in the fryer. I think you'll like them.

Then we can call them F A B T 's So now I know what Fab is

Fry A Bacon Tid Bit Sweet !

leanza 10-24-2007 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backyardchef (Post 485484)
It's a hollowed out jalapeno stuffed with cheese, often cream cheese and sometimes pulled pork or other meat. The whole thing gets wrapped in bacon and then cooked until the bacon is crisp.....they're really good...
:oops:

I 've used chees-wizz. Great results. Now can someone tell me if you can freeze it and use it later to inject?! (See my previous question, that got hi-jacked by jalapeno's or halapenos).

Transformer BBQ 10-25-2007 09:37 AM

Never tried to freeze it, but I wouldn't think it would hurt it.

How much extra do you have? I'd think after time that it would become pretty thick... might not be worth saving unless you have a significant amount...

leanza 10-25-2007 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transformer BBQ (Post 486202)
Never tried to freeze it, but I wouldn't think it would hurt it.

How much extra do you have? I'd think after time that it would become pretty thick... might not be worth saving unless you have a significant amount...

Not much, some left over, maybe 3 or 4oz. And it do get thick. Just wondered, it's not cheap. I tried C one time on chicken parts and I'm not sure yet. Tried B once on a chuck roast and I liked it a little better but not sure yet.

White Dog BBQ 10-26-2007 06:38 PM

Question about quantity -- I want to try it, but I'm wondering how much to order. If I go with just 1 pound to start, how many briskets will that get me?

Also, is it worth trying 1 pound of FAB and one of FAB Lite?

Jeremiah 10-26-2007 07:24 PM

I'd say 1 pound for 4 ~10-15 lbs. briskets should be reasonable, although I think I might be using too much, going to try scaling back the ratio.

Sledneck 10-28-2007 05:36 PM

:wink:

Pig Headed 10-28-2007 06:31 PM

Gee, that trailer looks familiar. Wonder whose it is?:-P

MilitantSquatter 10-28-2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Dog BBQ (Post 487173)
Question about quantity -- I want to try it, but I'm wondering how much to order. If I go with just 1 pound to start, how many briskets will that get me?

Also, is it worth trying 1 pound of FAB and one of FAB Lite?

Start with one lb. of Fab B. Don't waste money if it's not your thing.

If you love it, then no need to order the Lite. Or, if you hate it, you'll either decide FAB is not your thing, or want to try the B Lite before writing it off altogether.

One lb. should cover 3-5 briskets like Jeremiah said. You can decide what liquid to use (juice, water, broth) based on preference. Mix well and make sure the consistency is not too thick.

Smokin' Gnome BBQ 12-30-2007 05:26 PM

I just ordered 2lbs of another brand to try, let see what happens...

Sal

gpalasz 12-30-2007 05:36 PM

I bought a "knock off" product....from someone on another forum. Many people have used the same product w/ excellent results. It makes brisky more "beefy" I was suprised at the results. I have quite a bit left. If someone wants a free sample and lives near me( oklahoma city) let me know...ill give you some for free. i bought 6 months ago and have vacuumed sealed away. Im not affilated w/ the manufacture in anyway....just have surplus that will go to waste and I hate wasting chit.