The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I too have fallen victim...and chicken with white sauce (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267373)

Pig_Farmer 12-08-2018 08:23 AM

I too have fallen victim...and chicken with white sauce

4 Attachment(s)
So I got home work yesterday with full intentions of loading up the UDS with some lump and throwing some chicken on. I go outside, take the lid off and start removing grates. I get down to the fire basket and can see it. MOLD!!!!:Cry: I didn't let that stop me. I lit up the vortex in the weber and went that route.

Seasoned with KH Hot BBQ Rub and Florida Panhandle Low and Slow BBQ Rub (sent from Slim)

Attachment 166132

Chicken on the grill

Attachment 166133

White sauce applied and setting (another thanks to Slim)

Attachment 166134

All plated up. Wife fried up some hominy to go with it. no greens this time.

Attachment 166135

This was my first time trying Alabama white sauce and I truly love it. I wasn't sure if Mrs. Pig Farmer would like it do to the vinegar, but she did. and cant wait until the next batch is cooked.

Well we all know what needs to be done today. I guess I need to clean out the UDS and take the Texas match to it and burn out that mold. I was hoping we would get some snow so I wouldn't have to go outside. Damn weather guessers called it wrong again.

Thanks for looking

Big George's BBQ 12-08-2018 08:28 AM

YUM Love chicken on the grill

Smoking Piney 12-08-2018 01:17 PM

Looking good!

When I first explained white sauce to my wife, she turned her nose up to it. I made some with wings one night with it and she tried it. Now she won't eat chicken without it. :-D

Ole Man Dan 12-08-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoking Piney (Post 4106580)
Looking good!

When I first explained white sauce to my wife, she turned her nose up to it. I made some with wings one night with it and she tried it. Now she won't eat chicken without it. :-D

A Pilgrimage to BIG BOB GIBSON'S is enough to encourage almost everyone to give the White sauce a try.
When I find myself within 100 miles, I make a pass by Bob Gibson's for their Chicken and White Sauce.
Now days I keep a supply of White Sauce on hand at home.

Smoking Piney 12-08-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan (Post 4106585)
A Pilgrimage to BIG BOB GIBSON'S is enough to encourage almost everyone to give the White sauce a try.
When I find myself within 100 miles, I make a pass by Bob Gibson's for their Chicken and White Sauce.

I have a recipe that's a close proximity to Big Bobs. I like to kick it up with more horseradish for some bite, and I always have some ready to go.

I've tried it with fish and it rocked.

Great stuff! :-D

FrkYrPrk 12-08-2018 02:17 PM

Chicken looks great, nice to have back up cookers.
Mold in ABQ? Have you fired up the drum since the bash?

Pig_Farmer 12-08-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrkYrPrk (Post 4106625)
Chicken looks great, nice to have back up cookers.
Mold in ABQ? Have you fired up the drum since the bash?

Scott, I honestly can't remember. I've been doing some bigger cooks so I have been using the big smoker.

Pig_Farmer 12-08-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoking Piney (Post 4106600)
I have a recipe that's a close proximity to Big Bobs. I like to kick it up with more horseradish for some bite, and I always have some ready to go.

I've tried it with fish and it rocked.

Great stuff! :-D

I will have to try it out on some fish.

Smoking Piney 12-08-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pig_Farmer (Post 4106637)
I will have to try it out on some fish.

I like it over planked salmon and grilled trout.

Just drizzle it on after the cook.

WilliamKY 12-08-2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan (Post 4106585)

I love the stuff. I buy Big Bob's online by the 6-pack. My son loves it too. If I dont hide a few bottles he'll wipe them out.

frognot 12-08-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamKY (Post 4106641)
I love the stuff. I buy Big Bob's online by the 6-pack. My son loves it too. If I dont hide a few bottles he'll wipe them out.

We might be related. My son would start perusing my rubs and craft beers and would always leave with some of both.

Pig_Farmer 12-08-2018 03:32 PM

The drum has been exercised of it's moldy demons!!!

Smoking Piney 12-08-2018 03:48 PM

Burn those demons out! :flame:

cowgirl 12-08-2018 07:17 PM

Looks fantastic! I love the fried hominy too.

slim2061 12-08-2018 07:18 PM

Looks good from where I am sitting. Glad you and wife enjoyed it.