The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MAK Group Buy (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279141)

rwalters 03-02-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prneum (Post 4278724)
I've been vising this forum for years and I started reading about pellet smokers a couple of weeks ago.
I have always grilled & smoked with charcoal and wood chunks and I had no knowledge about pellet smokers, until now.
Lots of research has led me here and after reading tons of info from you guys and after I saw this thread, I called and talked to Caleb this morning. We had a great conversation and you can really tell the customer service is great with this company.
Needless to say, I took advantage of the offer and I can't be more excited! I look forward to joining the MAK family!

Love it!!! Welcome to the MAK family and I very much look forward to seeing you around. It’s a great family to belong to... :)

ebijack 03-02-2020 02:36 PM

Well ya farkers.
I spoke with Caleb, real nice guy!
Right now my trigger isn't twitchy. But.....:wacko:

Oh and Caleb stated that on "average" the added smoke box is 100* less in set temp than the main chamber. Which for me would be great for doing jerky, fish, sausage, bacon etc. For those interested.

rwalters 03-02-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebijack (Post 4278746)
Well ya farkers.
I spoke with Caleb, real nice guy!
Right now my trigger isn't twitchy. But.....:wacko:

Oh and Caleb stated that on "average" the added smoke box is 100* less in set temp than the main chamber. Which for me would be great for doing jerky, fish, sausage, bacon etc. For those interested.

Yep, Caleb is quite a gentleman... heck, the whole MAK team is like that. Maybe one day your finger will start twitchin’ and you’ll pull that MAK trigger. Once the initial wound heals... it’s clear sailing from there... :)

Shadowdog500 03-02-2020 03:43 PM

I called and spoke with Caleb as well. +1 on him being a great guy.
My finger is also twitching a little, but my wife’s isn't. We will make a decision tomorrow.

It is a good deal! If you are thinking about it give them a call. You have nothing to loose.

jstrand 03-02-2020 03:59 PM

I hate you Farkers!!
Thankfully my decision is easy, I have absolutely no money to purchase one and thankfully no credit cards. Otherwise I would have a 2 Star with Super Smoker box.
So screw you guys...I'm goin home.:hand:

Johnny in L.A. 03-02-2020 03:59 PM

OK, so...just a little update...about the MAKs...I bought one!

Spoke with Caleb, who's a great guy. Shipping very soon will be:

MAK Two Star General
Full upper grate
Cabinet door
Grill cover
Accessory hanger
MAK Mobile

After neglecting my stick burner because I didn't have the time and patience to tend the fire, and my backyard being a pile of dirt for six months, I can't wait to start barbecuing again. Thank you rwalters and Caleb and you Brethren! I look forward to posting my first cook photos.

pjtexas1 03-02-2020 04:00 PM

Caleb was late for dinner with his wife because he wanted to get my order processed that night so I would get the cooker sooner. I was hoping he survived the weekend. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pjtexas1 03-02-2020 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstrand (Post 4278781)
I hate you Farkers!!

Thankfully my decision is easy, I have absolutely no money to purchase one and thankfully no credit cards. Otherwise I would have a 2 Star with Super Smoker box.

So screw you guys...I'm goin home.:hand:

You almost hurt my feelings. [emoji33][emoji1787]

jstrand 03-02-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4278787)
You almost hurt my feelings. [emoji33][emoji1787]

:laugh: I've been trying to figure out how to get one for the past 3 years. This thread is like salt in the wound!

Just very jealous, but things have improved for me in the past year so hopefully it's in my future.

rwalters 03-02-2020 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstrand (Post 4278788)
:laugh: I've been trying to figure out how to get one for the past 3 years. This thread is like salt in the wound!

Just very jealous, but things have improved for me in the past year so hopefully it's in my future.

Great, now I’m sad :(

Perhaps you could start a MAK GoFundMe thread?

rwalters 03-02-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny in L.A. (Post 4278782)
OK, so...just a little update...about the MAKs...I bought one!

Spoke with Caleb, who's a great guy. Shipping very soon will be:

MAK Two Star General
Full upper grate
Cabinet door
Grill cover
Accessory hanger
MAK Mobile

After neglecting my stick burner because I didn't have the time and patience to tend the fire, and my backyard being a pile of dirt for six months, I can't wait to start barbecuing again. Thank you rwalters and Caleb and you Brethren! I look forward to posting my first cook photos.

Welcome to the MAK family buddy!!! It’s been a journey and lots of conversations... :)

You gonna sell the KBQ?

KevinJ 03-02-2020 04:17 PM

Most likely going to buy an RV in 2023 and hopefully the Mini MAK will be out by then so let's do this again in 3yrs. :grin:

rwalters 03-02-2020 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinJ (Post 4278794)
Most likely going to buy an RV in 2023 and hopefully the Mini MAK will be out by then so let's do this again in 3yrs. :grin:

My crystal ball shows you’re good to go... I can see you sitting next to the river with wisps of smoke coming from your Mini MAK. It’s a lovely sight :)

Baychilla 03-02-2020 04:27 PM

What type of pellets work best in these things and is there much of a difference between the wood varieties?

I need to acquire a new fuel source to fuel my new Two Star.

KevinJ 03-02-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4278795)
My crystal ball shows you’re good to go... I can see you sitting next to the river with wisps of smoke coming from your Mini MAK. It’s a lovely sight :)

Think more like camped out at San Onofre, surfing at Old Mans with all the other old men. :heh: