The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Competition Class Dates, and Locations (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87743)

jketron 01-13-2013 06:12 PM

I'm taking Johnny's class in LA, can't wait :)

Big Poppa 01-29-2013 01:09 PM

Big Poppa Smokers Rod Gray Class!

here it is Rod's first west coast class! Limited to twenty seats and it is nearly full!
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps9248dd64.png

Theresa B 01-29-2013 07:34 PM

John-Jketron which class are you taking in NOLA?

Smoke on the Horizon 01-30-2013 11:10 AM

Trigg class Hammond LA 2-8/9th

Does anyone know when his class starts on Friday night.

Theresa B 01-30-2013 07:28 PM

Smoke on the Horizon....class starts at 6pm til about 10. Then he will start cooking at 2am all the way through. He said that anyone that wants to join him at 2 are welcome. I forget what time he said the class "officially" resumes on Sat morning. This is what he told me 3 weeks ago on a phone call.

Smoke on the Horizon 01-30-2013 07:50 PM

Theresa B, thanks looking forward to the class. See you Friday.

discosuperfly 01-30-2013 08:27 PM

Butcher BBQ Class - Springfield, MO

On February 8th and 9th 2013 in Springfield MO

More details here

Register Here

Or Call Ryan at Countryside BBQ Pro Shop for more info - 417-882-7997

Uncle Buds BBQ 01-31-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke on the Horizon (Post 2348299)
Theresa B, thanks looking forward to the class. See you Friday.

Hey Smoke,

I think Theresa B is taking his class the following week Feb. 15/16 as I am.

We need to post a short review on what you thought of the class! I can't wait to go.

Smoke on the Horizon 01-31-2013 05:58 PM

Thanks Uncle Buds, I will post something about the class after I take it.

Theresa B 01-31-2013 06:41 PM

Dave- you're correct...see you there!

schmitty28 01-31-2013 10:26 PM

looking to take a class in a surrounding state close to Indiana looking to take my q to the next level and start competing any suggestions you can pm me

Scottie 02-06-2013 08:45 PM

I am having a class next weekend, in a suburb of Chicago. Half of the class fee is a tax deduction, as this class is raising money for cancer research

jketron 02-08-2013 11:22 AM

Theresa B, sorry I didn't see your post. I'm taking the Johnny Trigg class in NOLA. The class starts tonight.

Theresa B 02-08-2013 07:22 PM

John...can't wait to hear your review!

jketron 02-11-2013 01:32 PM

Folks, I'm back from the Johnny T class and l am VERY happy. The classroom was amazing. We were in a full on professional stage kitchen, multiple cameras with huge flat screens so the camera could show closeups. The kitchen space he worked on was HUGE with the mirrors above so you could have yet another angle. The classroom seating was fantastic with plenty of room for all the notes and food you will eat.

Ok so past the amazing atmosphere.... Johnny is an amazing teacher. He starts off the class on time and makes sure he covers all the questions we have as he is progressing. Any time someone needed more time on a topic he made sure to cover it again until each person understood. He would go over each topic indepth and also the part I really liked is that he would use his real life examples. Johnny's wife was amazing as well, you would see her moving all about in the background keeping everything moving along.

I'd love to sit here and share specifics of the class as many of you may want to hear....all I can say is that it was worth it. I walked away from that class with some incredible nuggets of knowledge. we covered everything... I meant everything..prep, trimming, injecting/not injecting, rubs, too much, too little, what order, no order.... I mean it all. What temp probes, when is it done.. What to take with you when you compete, what not do. I felt like a sponge and I'm still digesting my notes.

I promise you that after taking that class you will have taken with you several "ah-ha" moments. SOOOOOO that's how I should do it.

I highly recommend the class to anyone, you will not regret it.

I signed up to do Silverton, lets see how I do. I've take several classes, cooked more than I can count, made plenty of bad BBQ and some great BBQ too. Time to see what I can do in a competition of seasoned professionals.

I have one goal..well two, have fun and not be DAL