The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Something Is About To Change (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258145)

16Adams 03-14-2018 09:58 AM

Something Is About To Change

I have never cooked a brisket flat by itself. Hit the United Supermarket sale for a couple choice tri tips 5.99#? Ventured to the yellow tag bin and found this choice flat for $8&change$

Smithfield spares are $1.47#. Between deer elk wild hog beef and green chile my freezers are topped.

If you live in the United market, good prices.

cowgirl 03-14-2018 09:28 PM

Nice score! I checked today... didn't find anything interesting but made it home with an Allsups burrito. :laugh::thumb:

Czarbecue 03-14-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirl (Post 3966572)
Nice score! I checked today... didn't find anything interesting but made it home with an Allsups burrito. :laugh::thumb:

When the wife and I were doing the long distance thing, I loved stopping by an Allsups when going through the panhandle up through Kansas. Fried food 24/7? They were much better than 7-Eleven!

16Adams 03-14-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirl (Post 3966572)

My hero. Allsups burritos are a quality of life issue. Best served with a mustard packet :-))

Hoss 03-14-2018 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16Adams (Post 3966347)
I have never cooked a brisket flat by itself. Hit the United Supermarket sale for a couple choice tri tips 5.99#? Ventured to the yellow tag bin and found this choice flat for $8&change$

Smithfield spares are $1.47#. Between deer elk wild hog beef and green chile my freezers are topped.

If you live in the United market, good prices.

Just an idea,corn that flat and make homemade corned beef or pastrami.???

wihint 03-14-2018 10:06 PM

A million years ago I worked with Bruce Allsup (of the gas station family) and he would make the best green chili burrito I have ever had. Last year we were in Santa Fe NM and were venturing out to explore and had amazing green chili fried burritos that gave me the greatest joy with the simplest fried food.

16Adams 03-14-2018 10:14 PM

That’s awesome Bill !!

16Adams 03-14-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoss (Post 3966579)
Just an idea,corn that flat and make homemade corned beef or pastrami.???

It would be the perfect size, however I’d have to follow a recipe. I honestly am terrible at following a script. Someone with actual culinary talent could make this flat sing. I’m not that person.