Jumped the Gun! Pre Black Friday Amazon Deals.

Stlsportster

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Parental Assigned Label
So I’m checking out the pre Black Friday deals on Amazon this week and there is a deal on an item I’ve been watching.

It’s a non serrated blade for a Chefs Choice slicer I’ve been eyeing. So the extra blade is normally $37.50 on sale for $17.64.

Course I don’t have the slicer either. Oh wait...that’s normally 195, down to 124.70? Ok. Let’s get both.

But wait. Didn’t I say I’d buy a good 12 inch granton blade slicer before I bought an electric slicer? Oh...ok. Twist my arm.

I’m sure I saved money. Right?

Yeah I’m waiting for the anova sous vide to drop to $69 like last year so I can get one

Here are the results of the first use. Trimmed up a partially frozen 6 lb eye of round. Cut it down to fit the slicer tray. Set up to slice with the grain and at a 3 out of 20. Swapped the default serrated blade for the smooth one I ordered.

View attachment 165620
View attachment 165621

Video interlude https://youtu.be/LbyAlIU_0qg

View attachment 165622
View attachment 165623

Easy to use. Nice even slices. There were a few funky slices if the meat was too thawed or uneven at the end. For the most part it ran smooth. I did have to basically disassemble to clean it.

Marinating now in the Owen’s BBQ Maple Jalepeno Jerky mix.

View attachment 165624

So far so good!!

Last edited:
Had to disassemble it to clean it, but it’s only like 4 pieces. All removable without tools, even the blade which you use a coin to turn.

Hand washed all the parts (aluminum, plastic, or stainless steel). Not too bad.

Back