The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements and news (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Moderating ** A perspective ** (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24289)

Midnight Smoke 03-28-2011 03:32 PM

I have never been moderated... :lie:

ThomEmery 03-28-2011 03:57 PM

Thanks Mods I have done it and it aint that much fun

jestridge 03-29-2011 01:45 PM

all that reading give me an headach. It hard to believe that grown people would complain to the moderator because their thread was remove. Hell there plenty of other stuff you can say.

OakPit 03-29-2011 01:51 PM

Thanks for all of your hard work and making peace through moderation. Long live the Brethren through your actions.

gtsum 03-29-2011 08:38 PM

well done!

chambersuac 03-30-2011 04:12 PM

I have been mod'ed a couple of times. I took it as a gentle correction - not an insult. Both times I realized that I was in the wrong, which is actually something I'm used to. LOL.

I love this place and understand that without the hard work of the Mods and Phil that this place wouldn't be what it is...not just a place to learn about BBQ, but to make friends.

BobBrisket 04-07-2011 03:48 PM

Good to see more folks have viewed this thread and replied. Thanks everyone.

Bob

ht01us 04-16-2011 01:14 AM

Wow; sounds like there is a lot going on here that I haven't seen, yet. It almost makes it sound like running the forum takes the fun out of it. Hang in there.

Justin Case 04-21-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33 (Post 350612)
Lets discuss: Those dreadful words.

“YOU HAVE BEEN MODERATED”.

Let me start out with an excerpt from “our rules”, which BTW, I encourage anyone who hasn’t seen or read them, to do so.
  • A MODERATORS DECISION IS FINAL. If you are moderated, live with it and move on. Challenging a moderator in public f

Wow,, that was outstanding,,,, may I steal some of it for a couple of sites I Admin ? seriously,,, can I ? :)

bbqbull 04-21-2011 09:06 PM

I believe it has been stolen before, can't speak for the forum owner here but!!!
I would request permission from bbqcheff33, shoot him a PM before you borrow anything IMHO.
Just my 2 cents as a moderator, this site has copyrights.
Thanks in advance.

Justin Case 04-21-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbqbull (Post 1617884)
I believe it has been stolen before, can't speak for the forum owner here but!!!
I would request permission from bbqcheff33, shoot him a PM before you borrow anything IMHO.
Just my 2 cents as a moderator, this site has copyrights.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks,,,, I would never take it without permission,,,,, thats gotta be the best "Mod' explaination I have ever seen :thumb::becky:

TxAxeMan 04-28-2011 01:03 PM

I haven't been here long at all, but this is one of the things I really liked about this forum.

Thanks.
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

boogiesnap 05-05-2011 12:28 AM

thanks poobah and mods.

the place you have built and continually work on has attracted and then retained a great community which i, personally, am proud to be part of.

tish 11-16-2011 03:48 PM

Ok... so I'm giggling just a little, but it's only because I HAVE done the job myself before. I was an administrator at a prayer site for military soldiers and their families. If you think people get upset here when their post is removed, just think how upset a mother gets when her son gets blown up, and you have to remove her post because she's going for someone else's throat who criticized her or her child. :boxing: Oh, yeah, baby! Now THAT'S a farkin cat fight!

So, I do understand and appreciate the hard work that you all do to keep this site running so smoothly. Everyone is so very well behaved, either through their self-moderation, or the fear of being moderated by da boss. Whichever it is, it's that well-behaved friendliness that made me do more than take a quick peek, get my answer, and out the door. Thanks for that, guys. It truly is appreciated.:clap2:

BBQchef33 01-06-2012 02:05 PM

BUMP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:boxing::boxing::tsk: