The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My Favorite Money Saving Hack (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264119)

SirPorkaLot 08-22-2018 04:19 PM

My Favorite Money Saving Hack

Rewards programs:
Okay folks.... I’m sharing my favorite money saving hack..
Take notes as this works exceptionally well in grocery stores when buying meat.

You know those darn rewards program nearly every store has these days?
You know the ones where you need a card that is tied to your phone number?

Of course, it would be impossible to carry a rewards card for every store, but some stores actually give you access to sales based on being a rewards member.

I don’t carry a single rewards membership, yet I take advantage of every sale.

How?

Simple, I give them my rewards card phone number:
(Local area code) 867-5309
Name: Jenny

(If you don’t make the connection, sing the phone number)

I have yet to have this fail me, seems someone in every location I’ve tried this (a lot) has signed up for a rewards card using this number.

scp 08-22-2018 04:55 PM

LOL..that's some funny she--ite.

I'm gonna try it!!

Stingerhook 08-22-2018 05:31 PM

Nice!:clap2:

pjtexas1 08-22-2018 06:20 PM

I don't think that's a thing in my area. I know Kroger's does it but the closest one is 66 miles away.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sudsandswine 08-22-2018 06:22 PM

Can confirm it works at the grocers around me :thumb:

HogGrog 08-22-2018 07:15 PM

Good info!
“I tried to use it once but I lost my nerve
Tried my imagination but I was disturbed” :icon_blush:

EyeBurnEverything 08-22-2018 09:09 PM

Or you can just go to customer service and sign up, i mean its free so why not.

Here is an even better hack...Just tell them you forgot your card and ask them to scan the store card. They will no questions asked. How do i know this? I work for a big name grocery chain.

Demosthenes9 08-23-2018 12:46 AM

That's brilliant. I';ve gone a different route with Kroger. They pissed me off when they started doing this "Saturday Deal" with a limit of 5. So, I set up 9 different Kroger accts.

TravelingJ 08-23-2018 01:04 AM

That is clever. I was all ready to come in here and go on my rant about it's not really a discount, you are just selling your information like when you use free email clients...and I was pleasantly surprised to see this.

I believe the chains near me in KC give you the discount regardless of a card. It seems their cards are linked to X per gallon discounts based on what you buy. I often just use the card of the person behind me in line. They get a discount, it skews the data that's being sold, and I don't care about a penny off per gallon.

zippy12 08-23-2018 06:26 AM

well if you dont want to carry those reward cards just take a picture with your phone..

they can scan the image from your phone

BigThicket 08-23-2018 06:48 AM

That's awesome.

Sid Post 08-23-2018 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeBurnEverything (Post 4055609)
Or you can just go to customer service and sign up, i mean its free so why not.

Here is an even better hack...Just tell them you forgot your card and ask them to scan the store card. They will no questions asked. How do i know this? I work for a big name grocery chain.

:heh:

Or just grab a card off the rack by the ad for the store sales or where the carts are.

Sid Post 08-23-2018 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4055511)
I don't think that's a thing in my area. I know Kroger's does it but the closest one is 66 miles away.

I've got three of their cards for my trips to Paris, Tx and their store there.

My local store 'gives' me points for money off the price of gas. Even with 'points', it's cheaper for me to buy gas at another station after 15 cents off per gallon for their store-branded gasoline.

sudsandswine 08-23-2018 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravelingJ (Post 4055659)
I believe the chains near me in KC give you the discount regardless of a card. It seems their cards are linked to X per gallon discounts based on what you buy. I often just use the card of the person behind me in line. They get a discount, it skews the data that's being sold, and I don't care about a penny off per gallon.

At Price Choppers around here, their "sale prices" are only good if you use the store card, in addition to the "gas discount" at Quik Trips. I've never once used the gas discount since I almost always buy gas at Sam's or Costco where it's substantially cheaper, but they do try to strong arm you on the sale prices....so they get Jenny's number instead.