The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Upcoming weekend cooking - 11/11-11/13 (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14254)

chad 11-08-2005 12:06 PM

Upcoming weekend cooking - 11/11-11/13

I'm off Friday and have some buckboard bacon about ready to go. Anne's out of town Friday and Saturday so I need something to keep Joey and me occupied!!

I think I'll do a few pounds of jerky, too, since I have the seasoning and will be using the cooker anyway.

If I can find the sausage stuffing attachment for the Kitchen Aid I may grind up a pork butt that's in the freezer and give that a try -- if not that can wait until the next go around.

After cooking all last weekend you'd think I'd have it out of my system! :biggrin:

Jeff_in_KC 11-08-2005 12:16 PM

I suppose I'll experiment with my first turkey to prep for Thanksgiving. Weather is supposed to be no cooler than the 60's for highs the next 10 days to two weeks.

brdbbq 11-08-2005 12:18 PM

Tuff to plan that far ahead for me.

thillin 11-08-2005 12:26 PM

Going to be my biggest cook on the Klose.

Got 2 8 lb pork butts, 2 8 lb briskets, Turkey boob, Jap/cheese deer sausage, stuffed chiles (chicken/cheese rellenos), ABTs, and I guess I'll throw on a fatty. My wife's parents b-day cellebration is Sat. Will cook Thursday night/Friday. Gotta love 3 day/4day work weeks.:cool:
Ty

Arlin_MacRae 11-08-2005 12:50 PM

So far I've got fatties lined up, is all. Figure I might take Sunday and do those, some beans, and... <rolls dice> a chuck roast. Pulled beef intrigues me...

Smoker 11-08-2005 01:09 PM

After seasoning the Bandera this past Sunday I'm looking forward to throwing a few racks of ribs in and seeing how it goes. I guess I'll throw a fatty or 2 just for the heck of it.

scottyd 11-08-2005 01:09 PM

On friday I am going to do 200lbs of pork loins for a veterans day pork feed in downtown Huron. I am just cooking and slicing it. Another group will be serving the sandwiches. the proceeds go to the United way. This way the donations are spread though out the community for all to enjoy.

The Rest of the weekend to early to tell!

Ron_L 11-08-2005 02:37 PM

I'm going to cook my buckboard bacon on either Thursday or Friday. I'm working from my home office on both days. Saturday is a college visit with my daughter and on Sunday I'm going to cook a 12 lb brisket to take with me to our corporate office in Virginia on Monday morning.

nmayeux 11-08-2005 06:19 PM

I'm screwed as I have to work this weekend. But, good luck on your cooks, and I wish I was there!

chad 11-08-2005 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmayeux
I'm screwed as I have to work this weekend. But, good luck on your cooks, and I wish I was there!

Noah, you've been saying that a LOT lately! :biggrin: I sure hope things settle down for you. :-D

elvis67 11-08-2005 07:27 PM

Iam going to cook a brisket and 3 or four fatties at my local pub I hang out at. Might make a batch opf my tater salad, everyone around here loves it. My ex showed me how to make it, she lived in Louisianna for awhile and showed me alot of different ways of cooking from down there. I think what is unique about this tater salad is that it has green olives in it and alot of crispy bacon.

nmayeux 11-08-2005 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad
Noah, you've been saying that a LOT lately! :biggrin: I sure hope things settle down for you. :-D

Dave, I will probably be covered up until the end of the year.:sad: These damn hurricanes have killed us this year!:evil: However, the money has been pretty good.

MilitantSquatter 11-08-2005 08:32 PM

It looks like it's gonna be sunny w/temps in the low/mid 40's on Long Island this weekend. I'm taking off on Friday and planning to do three racks of spareribs :eek: with three different rub combinations. I prefer babybacks but had the spares in the freezer and want to use them.

If my brother in law (teammate) comes over for the day, we may also practice some chicken as well. We have some different ideas about what we think is best and are trying to reach a consensus before we enter our first competition next year.

Brauma 11-08-2005 09:20 PM

I'm going to take my first try at smoked salmon this wknd. Im planning on ordering a fillet from WA state overnight. I'm leaving for CT early Thurs mornig and not returning till Sat afternoon do I'm trying to arange the shipping now. Maybe have it shipped to arrive on Fri and wifey pop it in freezer till I get home. This may prove to be too complicated and I'll postpone for next wknd.

Jeff_in_KC 11-08-2005 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoker
After seasoning the Bandera this past Sunday I'm looking forward to throwing a few racks of ribs in and seeing how it goes. I guess I'll throw a fatty or 2 just for the heck of it.

"Just for the heck of it"???? It's danged near an obligation! :biggrin: