The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   *** ADMIN NOTE *** NO PICS DIDN'T HAPPEN? I call BS! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77439)

swamprb 02-01-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba (Post 1165314)
No details, didn't happen.

Shhhhh!

It's a secret, and I compete.

zydecopaws 02-01-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boat-n-BBQ (Post 1165360)
Whoo, thanks because my pics arent very good anyway!
Like these chickens for example....:confused:

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/v...8/100_0906.jpg

Seriously I'm with ya Phil :icon_bigsmil

Dang, I would have like to see that chicken before you cut it up. Oh wait, no pics... :biggrin:

Seriously, there are times and places where "no pics, didn't happen" are ok. Q-Talk doesn't strike me as one of those places, especially if it keeps folks from posting. I haven't been posting a lot of my cooks in Q-Talk lately (even though I generally have pictures) as I spend a bunch of time writing them up in my blog, and rewriting them for Q-Talk can sometimes be a PITA. Bad on me, I suppose, but as others have pointed out, there are times when either the pics aren't that good or look an awful like those I posted last time I made that particular meal.

Now, back to the Woodpile where "no pics, didn't happen" is what keeps most of us out of more trouble...

Boat-n-BBQ 02-01-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D0ughB0y (Post 1165383)
That muffin tin you're using seems to be working out well for you...

Ya, and Myron thinks he was first!!!!

Boat-n-BBQ 02-01-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomEmery (Post 1165388)
The Kings says it did happen

Aww, I wish that didn't happen...:confused::eek::shock::confused:

cowgirl 02-01-2010 09:48 PM

Ha... Now I can post about my trip to the beach with some ribeyes, a grill and a bottle of rum. :biggrin: lol

landarc 02-01-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirl (Post 1165443)
Ha... Now I can post about my trip to the beach with some ribeyes, a grill and a bottle of rum. :biggrin: lol

Um...well...no pics didn't happen. Just sayin' :-P (see, I included the friendly smile so nobody can be offended)

zydecopaws 02-01-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 1165451)
Um...well...no pics didn't happen. Just sayin' :-P (see, I included the friendly smile so nobody can be offended)

No pics required for this one, let your imagination do all the work.

cowgirl 02-01-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zydecopaws (Post 1165456)
No pics required for this one, let your imagination do all the work.

They were some danged fine looking ribeyes.... :wink::tongue::biggrin:

Midnight Smoke 02-01-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirl (Post 1165467)
They were some danged fine looking ribeyes.... :wink::tongue::biggrin:

Hay GrillFriend, I'll bet they were! :shock::wink:

Plowboy 02-01-2010 10:45 PM

I'm going to start posting in red so people take me more seriously.

While reading that, I was waiting for Phil to exclaim that someone spilt his Yoohoo.

BBQchef33 02-01-2010 10:55 PM

seems i need to clarify a few things.

1 - no where did i say anyone was offended, pissed off, or cranky about the "no pics, didn't happen" comments. No one was "offended". This is my, and the moderating teams observation and we are being proactive in bringining it out before it gets worse.

2 - I also stated "it would be appreciated if its done with discretion" . So, no we are not saying never use it. There are times pics are a MUST, as in when its needed to present the details required to intelligently answer questions.... there is a time and place for everything and there are times when its just not necessary or funny any longer. I am however talking about Qtalk and Comp for the most part.

I appreciate all of you who understand our stance and appreciate our taking a proactive approach in catching this early.. it seems there is a high majority of members in agreement, both publicly and privately. Thanks for supporting our stance. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

However, it seems some folks may not agree with this direction,(not based on this thread) thats fine, don't agree.. but its still going to be enforced and if that means deleting posts, so be it.

bigabyte 02-01-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 1165499)
I'm going to start posting in red so people take me more seriously.

While reading that, I was waiting for Phil to exclaim that someone spilt his Yoohoo.

Wow! I read that post faster than threads in any other color!:shock:

KuyasKitchen 02-01-2010 11:48 PM

Nevermind pics ... I want recipes :)

JiveTurkey 02-01-2010 11:53 PM

Thanks Poobah! I know I've refrained some cookouts on my wine barrel because my camera broke after taking a pic of a ribeye on the smokey joe. Got too hot to the fire and cooked it. Wish I had a picture of that!

Now can you create a thread about how the UDS is not the answer to every new smoker build? :-D

Single Fin Smoker 02-02-2010 01:01 AM

Cowgirl should stop posting pics.......She makes me hungry!