My Shirley cooker got a makeover this weekend

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I bought my Shirley gently loved last summer- I saw an opportunity to get my hands on one right away with no wait and ran with it and do not regret it one bit. It had always been my intent to have it converted to a trailer model at some point, and this weekend that dream came true for me. I loaded that beast onto a trailer to take it here or there 4 times, and each time further strengthened my resolve to get the conversion done.

1500 miles and 48 hours door to do later, it's tucked away in my garage to begin its new life as a towable trailer. I was unable to find a one-way rental on a trailer suitable for the load, so I had to trailer the trailer back. While the drive was long, it was through some beautiful country and I enjoyed the weekend.

Can't wait to do my "first" cook, looking forward to being able to do things like lower the nose and shift the heat around in the cook chamber, tow it to competitions or friends' houses, and good stuff like that. Without further ado...the reveal :thumb:

Attachments

• shirley0.jpg
    shirley0.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 420
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 420
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 419
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 421
Congrats! I know you're going turn out some crazy q off your Shirley.

I got to see the conversion in person today and you would never know it was a golf cart model before and Tyler is beyond perfection in what he can do .:clap2:

I got to see the conversion in person today and you would never know it was a golf cart model before and Tyler is beyond perfection in what he can do .:clap2:

Alright... so how do you just happen to be hanging around while all of this stuff happens? I'll buy tickets to the show since I am only 4 hours away.

Alright... so how do you just happen to be hanging around while all of this stuff happens? I'll buy tickets to the show since I am only 4 hours away.

I was at sudsandswine house and helped him unload it off the trailer and not at Shirley Headquarters but I do run their fan page too :mrgreen:

Did you get some work done on the main chamber exhaust?

I did, the stack was removable before, but nothing held it in place other than gravity. Me knowing me, I figured I might drive off with it sometime while still attached and asked Tyler to rig something up for me. He made it so I could secure it while attached with a wingnut type deal.

Back